Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Black People in Ukraine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2003, 00:45

jutka
Nubiangoddess,

Volodya is right, just ignore Kasper.

His only entertainment is seeing people's reactions.
Old 3rd March 2003, 00:47

Mikita
Re: V-G BAD BOY!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kasper
i am trying to talk here

Really?? Alrighty then try putting a sentence together that makes sence!
..............."DICTIONARY".................

Move and you're fair game!
Mikita
Old 3rd March 2003, 01:04

jutka
Nubiangoddess

I don't think it's useful to pretend that everything will be all perfect though.

When I was in Hungary (where I'm from) I was hanging out with the daughter of my mom's friend. A mixed girl happened to be walking by us. She wasn't a tourist, she was actually going home from school. When she was out of earshot this girl made a rude comment about the girl's looks (her black features such as thick lips, etc). This girl also thought that all Arabs were rapists, etc.
There is still racism against blacks and other non-whites in Eastern Europe. Perhaps it's not expressed as much against girls, so I don't know what you should expect. I'm just saying that it might not be very easy, but then again what is?
Jutka
Old 3rd March 2003, 01:13

jutka
Re: PLUS...

Quote:
Originally posted by Nubiangoddess
We get benefits in our country partly for forgiveness of what happened in the past. We get help financially because of our economic stance. Its hard to be born in a low economic life and then rise above it..its harder that you may think.
So for things such as college and food, some of us get aid to help us support our selves and our family for a period of time...and for the record, there are more white people on welfare than blacks so you need to just smash whatever it was your were thinking Kasper...

Marcia
Nubian,

But for how long must these benefits continue for forgiveness? I don't agree with racial quotas for this purpose. I wasn't born rich either, so why should a black person get preference? Why shouldn't I get aid for MY family?
Don't you feel it's better to achieve something 100% on your efforts, rather than being giving a hand up? I'm a woman and I don't agree with neither racial NOR with gender quotas. If I get a great position at a firm after law school I want to go in there knowing I'm there because of my own efforts, not because they needed to fill a female spot.

And about your last point... maybe more white people are on welfare, but then again there are way more white people in the US in general, so let's talk correctly and speak about percentages rather than absolute numbers if we must discuss this (which I don't think we do).

Jutka
Old 3rd March 2003, 01:22

Mikita
Re: Nubiangoddess

Quote:
Originally posted by jutka
I don't think it's useful to pretend that everything will be all perfect though.

When I was in Hungary (where I'm from) I was hanging out with the daughter of my mom's friend. A mixed girl happened to be walking by us. She wasn't a tourist, she was actually going home from school. When she was out of earshot this girl made a rude comment about the girl's looks (her black features such as thick lips, etc). This girl also thought that all Arabs were rapists, etc.
There is still racism against blacks and other non-whites in Eastern Europe. Perhaps it's not expressed as much against girls, so I don't know what you should expect. I'm just saying that it might not be very easy, but then again what is?
Jutka
Very good answer Jutka! People will always fear the unknown, it is in our nature. Remember that kid you hated in school? You know the one. When you finally talked to them you realized how silly you were! You really had alot in common and they were not so bad! It is kind of like this but on a much larger scale.

Mikita
Old 3rd March 2003, 01:54

Mikita
Unhappy Marcia please stop!

You let kASSper tell you how Ukaine feels about you! What does he know? NOTHING ! Let us not turn this into a he said she said thing! Slaves,serfs,poor or desolate what is the difference? My people were starved by the millions on purpose! Loaded onto trains and droped off in Siberia to die! All this within the last hundred years and you do not hear me saying THEY owe me or my people anything! That is because they did not do it to "me"! The past is just that...THE PAST!! Get over it and forget about idiots like kASSper. If I have offended you I apologise in advance!

I just hate it when people go around saying oh look how badly they treated my people so they owe me ! America has been very good to you as an individual and owes nothing to "you" for the past. Sorry again! but I told you not to listen to the idiot kASSper and look where it took us all!

Your friend Mikita
Old 3rd March 2003, 02:05

icegoal
Thumbs down k dawg

WHACK!