Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th May 2000, 04:00

vigodskyelena
Thumbs up

HI OLGA IAM UKRANIEN GERL FROM ISRAEL .I AM SO GLAD TO FIND THIS SITE BECAUSE I MISS MY BTKIVSHINA! PLESE WRITE ME ! I AM FROM KREMENCHUG AND WILL BE GLAD TO SPEAK WITH SMB FROM THERE.

------------------
olena
Old 6th June 2000, 15:56

Anucia
Send a message via ICQ to Anucia
Wink

Hello olya,

I am of Ukrainian blood and grew up with my Ukrainian half of the family, but I was born and raised here in America. I actually just found this site also, and am really excited about it.
I am female and will be 23 years old this August coming up.I was born and raised in New Jersey and now in my adult life, I live in Orlando,FL. I hope to visit Ukraine someday. That is one of my goals.
I am excited to talk to you all and learn more about my heritage. Plus, it never hurts to be more worldly. HAHA.

Night,

Anucia

Old 7th June 2000, 11:05

stevenal_73
Talking

Olya...Greetings! My name is Stephen. I live in Milwaukee, WI. I am sure that you have heard of the place... . I am a employee/student and live on my own. I was attending UWMilwaukee...Do u go to UWMadison...? I don`t have much time so I can only write briefly. I am interested in the Ukraine because I have friends in Romania and I am 1/4 Hungarian. I just have this interest in Eastern Europe. It is quite a fascinating place because of the cultural/historical backgrounds...of that area of the world.I am 27 yrs of age, electical engineering major, and work for McDonalds in the management program. My interests include art, science, mathematics(though most people hate it),exercising,collecting things,language,etc...If u would like to e-mail me and tell me more about urself and ur interest and where you are living and why and all of that good stuff....u can e-mail me at stephnal@yahoo.com if u wish. Well, I have to go due to the fact that I have to be at work in about 55 minutes.Take care and I hope to see from you soon and possibly getting to know you.
Old 7th June 2000, 12:51

emmett_y
Talking

Steven...first and formost I think you should refer to it as Ukraine and not "the Ukraine". I was told that it was called the ukraine while it was still occupied by the Russia.....not sure about that but check.

da moose
Old 8th June 2000, 08:20

stevenal_73
Lightbulb

Your right! Slip of the pen.... . Steve out!
Old 8th June 2000, 09:20

olya
Talking

Hi Steve! Of course I know Milwaukee! I got my undergrad degree from UW-Madison and then moved to Chicago (got a job here). I read your other postings, they were kind of sad..
About Math... You are right, many people hate it. But not me. I'm a part time grad student here in Chicago, studying Math/Stats. So it's one of my major interests. I also like science especially watching scientific programs.
I have to run now, so talk to you later....
Have a great day!
Olya
Old 10th June 2000, 01:19
Former Member

singleinwiusa
Cool

Greetings Olya
I agree very much with you, Madison is a very nice city. Someday when I win the lottery, I will live there (and of coarse in Crimea )I am moving next month to Oshkosh but now live in small, quaint, Ripon. I have worked in Chicago and love this city also, so much to see and do and sooooo much good food. I have been to Ukraine twice and will be going to Crimea sometime in August for three weeks or a little longer. I will rent a flat in Simferopol. Any help on resturants, sights, would be greatly appreciated. Welcome to this site. I am quite new here also, but the people are all very nice and kind. Some heated debates once in a while, but it keeps the place interesting.When I travel to Ukraine, I work with a travel agent in "the Ukrainian Village"in Chicago.Maybe next weekend I will go to State St. to walk through the shops, get a latte' and sit outside one of the coffee shops and just watch all the diversity walk by.