Notices

a call to all patriots

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21st September 2000, 18:13

jason_cadell
Talking

yo bill'ski
the vietnam war is a lie....
my father was an officer of 186 men in 1969,he did everything,from sending "kids" to there deathes to executing 'cong prisoners.
he stated that it did start as US V COMMUNISM,but it ended up being everyday men fighting Ping Ya Vong and Quak Vu...
by that he means wars are fought by factions,but the battles are fought by soldiers,and when he was exposed to heavy fire,watching his men die of gruesom deaths,agent orange,"friendly fire",torture,boobytraps,and the ultimate dishonor to a soldier,been executed....
communism meant nothing to him,he just wanted to kill as much as the enemy as possible,communist or whatever...
so i think the people who wanted to bring them back are the real patriots,but what do u say to veterans:"soory about that,but u really did'nt have to go in the 1st place.."
maybe the real patriots of the war are the soldiers themselves,i mean,they really did pay the ultimate sacrafice he still has nightmares & has contracted a rare skin disease....
but i would,nt be saying the hippies won the vietnam war,or u might end up on a milk carton.....

on ya
jase
Old 21st September 2000, 19:20

B_Ungaro
Talking

Greetings Jason,
I am a veteran of that war myself. Disabled
and all. The regret that I have is not my disability. I regret that I did not have the
the courage to say: Hell no, I won't go. I was torn between country and duty on one side, and doing the right thing on the other.
Don't get me wrong, I am not in a wheelchair
or in bed. The war did leave it's mark on me though. More ways than one.
Good Luck
Bill
Ps: Like your father, I was an officer also.
I did not have a command. I was a pilot.
Old 21st September 2000, 19:26

B_Ungaro
Talking

Greetings Stas,
In one of your postings you say that those women who say :"Ill never marry a Ukrainian man should leave Ukraine immidiately." My statement was aimed at that remark.
Good Luck with your school work.
Bill
Old 21st September 2000, 19:52

jason_cadell
Talking

mr ungaro
thanx.........

jase
Old 22nd September 2000, 04:05

steve_vlasenko
Exclamation

Back in blighty,
Jason whatever you do, do not send any money to this woman. Your recent post indicates to me that there's a racketeering scam going on. Ask this woman to send you her phone number, get her to send you a photo of her self standing by a famous land mark and you stipulate the land mark. Get an address off her.

These thing go on all the time. Racketeers know that western men lust after Ukie women and are more than willing to exploit this. She may ask you for money for English lessons as she need to get a tofel, she'll ask for 400-500USD for this. It's all going to be boll*cks unless she proves she exists.

Despite all our other argument, I hate racketeers more than most and wouldn't wish them to get one penny of your money.

She is probably a six foot skin head rather than the woman you think.

if you want any advice on these scams just email me.

I will not respond until Monday as I'm off home to bed to sleep of my trip to Kyiv.

Take care.

Vlas.

By the way Oblast just means region. as in 'Borispil airport is in the Kyiv oblast', Just another indication your being scammed.
Old 22nd September 2000, 05:00

Brezel
Send a message via ICQ to Brezel
Exclamation

Hello Stas and greetings to everybody.
Im afraid you misunderstood me... I meant Im sure that any way definitely there are many good men in Ukraine also and I were talking only about very "heavy cases". And I didn't say that I would never marry Ukrainian man, no way! What I meant is that I would never prefer so-called New Ukrainian man with all his money if I would have to chose between him and my future German husband. I hope you understand why We all know that kind of men

And I want to say thanks to B.Ungaro and Jason for moral support.
Old 22nd September 2000, 05:55

steve_vlasenko
Smile

So much for getting home early!!!

Hi Elana,

I'm pleased that you've met a great German chap and I'm sure you'll be very happy.

Ukrainian men and women marrying westerner has never been the issue. I know plenty of people who've done this. What the issue has been is men from the west (and maybe women) going to Ukraine and thinking they can get a subservient women (man) who'll do everything they want because they've got some money.

It's an attitude problem, where people think that their country is so obviously better than Ukraine. Interms of everything, even though they've never seen Ukraine. (a few days ain't enough time to get an impression of anywhere. My first month in Kyiv was an absolute nightmare, I didn't know anything and was intimidated by most of what I saw... and I speak Ukrainian and Russian. This was in 1994 and things have change enormously since then)

I think you'll find that's what gets to us. I also appreciate that there's some rotten men in Ukraine, but as far as I'm aware these people exist everywhere, it just appears to me that some people feel that Ukraine and eastern Europe have the monopoly.

Take care and I hope you and you husband have a fantastic life together.

Vlas.