Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

HELP ME WITH YOUR ADVICES!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4th May 2000, 15:58

B_Ungaro
Talking

Greetings Mr.Natural,
I am confused, do you want to go fishing?
I have found that the best way to get to know somebody is by going fishing. Get out on the lake in a boat. Just you and the other person. No way to hide or BS. Now as to your direct questions:
1. No our family was not Communist. My father
was a member of the Small Farmers Party. This party was the opposition to the Communist. Twice he was fired from his job
for this activity. You will find this hard to believe, each time he went to court and got his job back.
2. As to me being a communist, wrong again.
I came to America with nothing. I would not be ruprised if in the last twenty years I paid more income tax than your total earnings. Yes, I do like the free enterprise system. What I do not like is the Hate Mongering, Calculating, Mealy Mouthing, Self Serving, Anti Social, Law Breaking actions of the Republican Party.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Regardless of what you said above, you are still invited to go fishing as my guest.
Good Luck.
Old 6th May 2000, 12:07

cool_girl
Talking

Hi, GUYS!!!! (MrNatural and singleinwiusia I'm really sorry I called you GAYS. But I'm not too good in your slang)
MrNatural, I am only 16, but I know and understand that communism is VERY bad!!! You know, my country was led by communists for about 100 years and because of this almost 10 years Ukraine is through hard period of time. But I don't want you and B.Ungaro to quarrel about it here!!!!!!
Beata!! Thank you for your attempt even it didn't work!!!
Victoria!I think you are lucky too because you were settled in the California. As for me I hate cold That's why I don't agree with emmett.y about Alaska. It's too cold there!!!!!
Victoria!!! Right now I'm interested in such guestions:
1.Why are you in USA and where are you from?
2.Were you a good English speaker before leaving for the USA?
3.What was your first problem?
I have more questions for you but answer this 3 at first.
OH!! I have one more request to you all, guys! Please write me some SLANG WORDS!
THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Waiting for your answers!!
Old 6th May 2000, 19:21

johnstruthers
Talking

Welcome to the USA, and to our forums, Cool Girl. I wish I were young enough to know the kind of slang that would serve you. I'll do some thinking.

I have to chime in on the defense of Mr. Ungaro here, too, though. Mr. Natural, you're full of beans. It's just fine to makes faces at the commies, but get your facts straight. Take a trip someplace outside the USA borders and get an education. The USSR had a well-fed population. The starvation began, and continues, since the fall of the USSR. For all its shortcomings, communism can't be faulted for not feeding or housing the people. And be careful how you malign the fine Mr. Ungaro, who is offering you hospitality despite your whacko ideology, maybe even because of it. He escaped communist Hungary to create a good life here, and has done it quite well.

Repent! Heal this child, heal this child...
Old 8th May 2000, 13:57

cool_girl
Talking

JOHN!!!
Communism is VERY BAD!!! I think you have too good opinion about it!!! I'll tell you some things about my country where it ruled about 100 years.
The houses are destroing and according to the area they cover a half of Ukraine's population can become homeless. Can you call it housing???
About feeding. My father had to got up every day at 6 a.m.to line up to buy food for our family. We never knew oranges or bananas. We couldn't buy something more than we were given even if we had mohey. And we hadn't.
And it's not the end. We are not talking about long silence we were covered with. We are not talking about trying to minimize our aspiration for work, thinking, doing smth.It's not the end!!!!!!!!!!!
About starvation.USSR has done everything possible to make people lazy. They don't want to work and they are starving.
I know what I'm talking about. It's my life!
I hope you'll change your opinion, John!
I'm not too good in English. Sorry.
Old 9th May 2000, 12:38

VictoriaMasnaya
Talking

hey! hi sorry cannot write much today is an opening night for our play in thearte and i have a lot of sruff to do go thru mu lines and costumes you know........
ok i'm in usa 'cause i anm exchange student ans i won the schoolarship tp go to high school and i get money everu month and i am from vinnista in ua
yes i was i studied english since i was 5so i am pretty good in it as everyone says
my first problem wwasd it is NOT ukraine!!!! people and habits are diffrernt anmd we cannot do much stuff and nothing without promission so you know you better gt used to it
slang ......
first of all say not hi not hello to teens but whats up?
and the answer is the same and i cannot think of others and have to go to the rehearsal i will write later ok?
love
troll-girl
Old 11th May 2000, 07:47

olya
Talking

Hi Cool Girl!
Well, I wasn't an exchange student here, I was just a student (in college) but I might be helpful to answer some of your questions. When you are here, don't be afraid to call me toll free (if you know, you can call toll free from any phone and you won't have to pay a cent) at 1-800-SAD-MAIL extention 3070. I'd be happy to talk to you and help.
By the way, I'm in Chicago.
When are you coming to the U.S.? And what city?
Old 11th May 2000, 12:53

cool_girl
Thumbs up

Victoria!
Thank you for finding time for me!
Some more questions to you:
1.Do you live with your host family?
2.What about money? Can you work there? And how much money are you given by your program? I'm going to be given $100 every month. Is it enough?
3.And what about American food?

Olya! Thank you for your answer!
Is it a special number or a phone?Tell me more about it please!
I'm going to go to the USA in summer(July, I think).I'm not sure about my correct destination yet.
By the way, you have an Ukrainian name!Do you know smth about Ukraine?