Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Ukrainian women and infedelity

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12th August 2002, 10:06

CameoJoe
Far Out Man!!!

HiYa,

I thought the UK was the only place that behaved like this but according to Straggenerhausen...err sorry about the name spelling friend...Ukraine is a hip hop place.
I'm selling my flat since the real estate boom can make me rich and I'm heading for Kiev to start a business and do some dinners with prospective emplyees.
Raj was taliking about going into business or something about a business venture in Ukraine and maybe he will go halves with me. Wow we could be like a dot.com company or something.
Sooooo....If I settle in Ukraine and budget myself with 50 pounds per week for entertainment and sexually oriented dates then I will appear rich or something? Do I need to wear hip clothes? Do the ladies have a thing for Austin Powers?
I cannot take a crap on 50 pounds per week but maybe I can be the rage in Ukraine.

CameoJoe
Old 12th August 2002, 19:26

Bristol-man
Hello,first posting on here but thought i'd come in with my thoughts.
I found a similar attitude to fidelity in both Prague and Sofia,so is it an eastern european thing,tied up with the old anti-soviet attitudes?
Bearing the dating agency debate in mind,it is a bit of a minefield out there.
I intend to teach english to adults as a way of supporting myself whilst in one of the eastern countries,as the standard of living is lower,and i can be seen as a big fish in a little pond for a change.
There is going to be a lot more of this happening,as prices and politics in the west just make us fed up.
I think i'll stick to Odessa,as the lugansk region seems to be full of scammers on the dating scene.I'm emailing a girl in Odessa and she has given me her address for visa purposes,so i'll visit soon,and find out a bit more for myself.
Sensible comments welcome
Billy
Old 13th August 2002, 09:43

SweetNovember
Re: Far Out Man!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by CameoJoe
HiYa,

I thought the UK was the only place that behaved like this but according to Straggenerhausen...err sorry about the name spelling friend...Ukraine is a hip hop place.
I'm selling my flat since the real estate boom can make me rich and I'm heading for Kiev to start a business and do some dinners with prospective emplyees.
Raj was taliking about going into business or something about a business venture in Ukraine and maybe he will go halves with me. Wow we could be like a dot.com company or something.
Sooooo....If I settle in Ukraine and budget myself with 50 pounds per week for entertainment and sexually oriented dates then I will appear rich or something? Do I need to wear hip clothes? Do the ladies have a thing for Austin Powers?
I cannot take a crap on 50 pounds per week but maybe I can be the rage in Ukraine.

CameoJoe
50 quid per week... I dunno, this doesn't seem much (A nice dinner date is something like $50 for two). Stick to cheaper restaurants, or hang out in bars. Some women will be happy if you just spend on them - but you will be expected to marry in that case. If not, 50 quid is not going to enough.

If you want to look hip here, think GAY and you will be right. But you can figure out the clothing style. Austin is not going to fly here, try Brad Pitt or Brian Adams or Thick Wallet. Best of all, get a nice car - this always impresses local chicks.

Sorry for a angry post earlier. You guys make me feel like I'm living in Tailand or something. Small fish trying to look big in a small pond... he-he-he... I really feel sorry my country is an attraction to loosers.

[Edited by SweetNovember on 13th August 2002 at 12:49]
Old 13th August 2002, 11:20

SweetNovember
Quote:
Originally posted by Rajkumar
I am proud to note that at least SweetNovember upholds the basic qualities of a woman that is self-respect,integerity and character.
You make me blush, I didn't say anything about myself.

Tell me something SweetNovember if poverty had nothing to do with the declining moral standards of the Ukrainian women then it is right to say that the suppression during the Russian regime could be a reason for the declining moral standards of the Ukrainian women today.Since they are now liberated there is a freedom of what these Ukrainian women feel that is modernisation and this has led them to shed the conservative beliefs and indulge in freedom of sex. [/QUOTE]

I'd say the underlying cause for all this is that women rely on men to get them what they want rather then on themselves to acheive the same things. What caused it? Male shauvinism, open sexism in the society. It was never as bad here in the Soviet times as in the US before women's rights movement - women had the same access to education and had to work for the family to make the ends meet, sometimes they even were successful. Not many had a chance for an "easier" life of a housewife. Plus, the Soviet system excluded any chance of a revolt. I hope that the youger generation of today will be luckier and more ambitious. We'll see.
Old 13th August 2002, 12:00

Bristol-man
FAO "sweet november"

I have no wish to mount a personal attack on a senior member and get everyone else on my back in your defence, however in the uk if not elsewhere in the english speaking world,to call someone a "loser" is something of a personal attack in itself.
I could go on at length about my personal history and show that i in no way consider myself a loser as you describe me. Perhaps the fact that you are not a native english speaker means that you are at times unaware of the subtle differences in english words which can cause offence.
I have friends who are Bulgarian and Russian nationals,so i am aware of how easily words can be misunderstood.For instance 20 or 30 years ago "gay" meant only "happy",and now "sad" means more than just "unhappy" in modern street language.
By your standards of judging people,perhaps only rich successful businessmen could be classed as other than losers.I had my own antique business which suffered when our dear "president" Tony Blair decided that he didnt care about the tourist industry during our recent foot and mouth crisis.The lack of tourists,mainly from USA (theres a subject i could be very insulting about !) meant that many small shopkeepers and hoteliers here lost their money.
Perhaps in that respect i am a loser,as i lost money,but please be careful how you use our great language,as offence is easily caused.
My reasons for travelling abroad are because it would take several years to regain enough money to be in my previous situation,and i would like to get married and have a family,so i thought that i could take a short cut by going to a less affluent region.
Having been to Sofia several times i find some of the personality traits similar to what we had here many years ago,for instance the emphasis on family values which we in the west have tended to lose in our desire to chase the great gods"money" and "profit".As a not unattractive single male,i also found that i loved the slavic eyes,high cheekbones, and dark hair which is so common amongst eastern european women--that does not mean my brain is located in my genitals,i just want to wake up next to an attractive lady every morning,however shallow that sounds.
Now i've had my little rant,i'll await the response(s).

Old 13th August 2002, 15:06

SweetNovember
Dear Bristol-man, I might phrased what I said in a way that was way to stong for your ears. I apologize. I didn't mean you personally.
I have to disappoint you, my English is fine and the mistakes in my writing are just a result of the overreliance on spell-checks. I do think that salacious men coming to this country for cheap women with "traditional values"(="penniless without ability to leave their husband") are losers. I regret their presence in my country and wish Ukrainian women were forced to rely on themselves more. I happen to believe that marriage should based on equality not on exchange of services and amenities.
I remember working as interpreter 5 years ago and overhearing my client asking his friend whether he though he can pay to have sex with me. I also had clients who thought it was funny so many Ukrainian women wanted to get married, so they would ask me indirect questions to figure out whether I was one of such women.
You may regret Tony Blair's policies, I regret that I have to live in a world where salacious foreigners encourage covert prostitution. What's most infuriating in my opinion is that they lack the cultural sensitivity to tell right from wrong, so whether you a normal woman or a slut, they won't be able to tell the difference.
Old 13th August 2002, 15:38

ToXS
...Ok I don't really want to get in the middle of a strong word fight, but let me point this out.

Prostitution has been arround for years(many,many years at that), and I might actually say that in ancient times it was quiet a respected occupation. Pick from the courtesans of the Roman Empire, to the Gaishas of Rising Sun. But then again that was then. Women do have a choice, you are right, just cos a woman dresses nice....that does mean it was meant just for you, if its a short skirt, she is not a "slut", if its a elegants dress, she is not stuck up and frigid. But then if the only reason that she talks to you is for your ability to buy her drinks and the colour of your passport, you do have to ask yourself some questions.

I mean if I showed up in Ukraine, I would hardly just touch down, and utter the words -I am from Milan....F**k ME!

I would expect from my Slavic partner the same as I would of any other, intelligence, independence, and with a twist of other special qualities that make you hold your breath and say WoW..!!!

And thats what I think the males in this room are trying to say, that they would like that, but not at a price.

The conversation was not meant as an offence to any women, just some facts for some....

Phew......