Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Which Ukranian city is best for women?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8th June 2002, 05:02

Lubov
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
When will people get it into their heads that it is not the entire fault of western men????

A counter-question : why do men find it appealing to buy women ( and potentially life-long partners) over the Internet? Where there's demand there's always supply. Don't you think both sides are flawed in this respect, by not finding such transactions apalling?
Old 9th June 2002, 17:43

Rik
Return of Rik (again ! )

Quote:
A counter-question : why do men find it appealing to buy women ( and potentially life-long partners) over the Internet? [/B]
um . . . . er . . . . .

In my town on the South Coast,UK we have a Weekly Free Magazine called Friday Ads

There are over 4 pages of 'Personal' Ads from both Men & Women seeking relationships/marriage ~ serveral 100 people *each week* advertising for life long partners

We also have numerous 'Singles' Clubs, Dating Clubs, Singles Holiday companies etc etc etc

My point is - what is the difference between all of this & trying to find a partner over the Internet

Except :-

(a) It's a more exciting to date with people from other countries and cultures

(b) You'll meet girls who (who by definition as they are prepared to move abroad) are more adventurous and interesting

(c) You may get one or more good holidays out of it

(d) Because of the effort both of you have to make in the first place - there's proably more chance of it working out in the end

(e) Any children will develop in a truly International way by having a culture base in 2x countries

etc etc etc (etc)

Rik

Old 10th June 2002, 00:22

Lubov
Re: Return of Rik (again ! )

Quote:
Originally posted by Rik
Quote:
A counter-question : why do men find it appealing to buy women ( and potentially life-long partners) over the Internet?
um . . . . er . . . . .

In my town on the South Coast,UK we have a Weekly Free Magazine called Friday Ads

There are over 4 pages of 'Personal' Ads from both Men & Women seeking relationships/marriage ~ serveral 100 people *each week* advertising for life long partners

We also have numerous 'Singles' Clubs, Dating Clubs, Singles Holiday companies etc etc etc

My point is - what is the difference between all of this & trying to find a partner over the Internet

(b) You'll meet girls who (who by definition as they are prepared to move abroad) are more adventurous and interesting

(d) Because of the effort both of you have to make in the first place - there's proably more chance of it working out in the end

(e) Any children will develop in a truly International way by having a culture base in 2x countries

etc etc etc (etc)

Rik

[/B]
I agree with all your points. Something I'm trying to understand is why some people are more disgusted with women posting their info on the Web than with those leaving it with dating clubs or posting it in local newspapers. How is it different?
Old 10th June 2002, 00:23

Lubov
Talking Re: Re: Return of Rik (again ! )

Quote:
Originally posted by Lubov
Quote:
Originally posted by Rik
Quote:
A counter-question : why do men find it appealing to buy women ( and potentially life-long partners) over the Internet?
um . . . . er . . . . .

etc etc etc (etc)

Rik
I agree with all your points. Something I'm trying to understand is why some people are more disgusted with women posting their info on the Web than with those leaving it with dating clubs or posting it in local newspapers. How is it different? [/B]
Duh... Missed your main point
Old 14th June 2002, 20:55

jutka
Lubov,

Do you really not see the difference? The views are not just about ANY webpage personal, but the ones from former USSR targetting Western men.
Old 15th June 2002, 00:32

Lubov
Quote:
Originally posted by jutka
Lubov,

Do you really not see the difference? The views are not just about ANY webpage personal, but the ones from former USSR targetting Western men.
NO, I DON"T SEE THE DIFFERENCE! It is in the nature of a woman to look for a provider for her family nest. Western men appear to be more able to provide than Ukrainian or Russian men. After all, it is a common knowledge that the Western standard of living is way higher than it is in Ukraine or Russia. I see nothing wrong with a woman wanting a better life and wider opportunities for herself and for her children. Isn't it what most of us are looking for? As as I said where there's demand there's always supply. Men are willing to take a risk and try to work it out with a woman from half way across the world from different culture - what's the problem here? And if it does work out, believe me, that woman will be a very devoted and loving wife, a nester, a homekeeper - aren't these the traditional values that Western men have to go overseas for?
And, correct me if I'm wrong, women themself do not charge Western men for their saying "yes' to a marriage proposal, it is men who are willing to pay to the marriage agencies.

Old 18th June 2002, 00:33

jutka
"And if it does work out, believe me, that woman will be a very devoted and loving wife, a nester, a homekeeper - aren't these the traditional values that Western men have to go overseas for?"

That kind of reasoning is sketchy at best - after all, IF the man is looking for traditional values, and the woman is not a devoted and loving potential wife, then it wouldn't work out in the first place. How could it work out if she wasn't?

As for the traidtional values, there are plenty of sad stories I read about the guys who have found out that their betrothed was LITERALLY a stripper or a hooker back in good ole Ukraine. Of course there are good girls too, but those guys who are so blind and think that every woman is like their dream is asking for trouble. And if they are all so traditional and love family so much, why are the former USSR countries the leaders in abortion throughout the developing and developed countries? The information I have read about this is horrifying. Well, there is good and bad everywhere.