Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

"Traditional Values"

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th May 2002, 14:33

Rajkumar is on a distinguished road
Question Laryska,Traditional values of Ukraine....

Laryska, could you enlighten me further on what you just mentioned about Ukrainian women should not be seen as homemakers.It gives me the impression that Ukrainian women at one time or the other were basically confined to their homes after marriage to look into the needs of the husband as well as the children and behave strictly as housewives.Was this in the Ukraine society at one time or the other? And if it is, can I add to say that is why the society in Ukraine is some sort conservative.The reason why I am asking you this Laryska,is because if it is so then I see the simalarities in the Indian society which is also one of the most conservative society.To be very frank I still can't figure out what type of society Ukrainians are after all.I have participated in many threads here in Ukraine.com and the way the threads are centered on Ukraine women adds further confusion to me on the exact status of your society.Of course we live in a modern era,and just as you said traditional values should be upheld but what traditional values are you refering to about Ukraine. Could you throw some light on these values your society upholds? Thank You Rajkumar
Old 18th May 2002, 21:31

Ulysses
Re: Think before having Sex...........

...I disagree, in Western countires women are in control of their sexuality...In my university days, I've been assigned to groups where I was the only male in the group. The women would talk about the size of their guys' penis (mind you this is the first time I'm meeting up with these people, to compare and contrast the American health care system, with those in other western countries). Other trivial topics discussed were, which hollywood actor would be the worst lover, and so on...This is just one of many examples that can be cited in western women and their recently found sexual empowerment.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rajkumar
..Tell me Ulysess women as such generally,do not make sex a priority in a relationship, they are looking more for an emotional relationship, whereas it is the man who provacates a woman into a sexual relationship.When this happens a women being a human after all gives in with a lot of protest and promises from the man before she goes to bed with him.The keyword here she finally gives in to a man with protest...Most woman lose their virginity through false promise made by man such as a promise of marriage.Woman are the victims of man's scheme.Got to go Ulysess as I am anxiously waitig for the Part 4 of your analysis. Rajkumar
Old 18th May 2002, 23:14

Laryska
Traditional Housewives

I would like to further embelish my last comment about how I feel Ukrainian Women should not be viewed as home makers. The reason I brought this issue up is because I feel that in genrerl, european women have been perceived as solely house wives. I am not a Ukrainian history expert but I know that in the past Ukrainian women had to work very hard at managing the home, and careing for their children. But now times are changing and most women have decent careers and can still run a household. However, many Ukrainian men still have the " traditional housewife" engrained in their minds as an ideal wife. This ideal is abviously not realistic. It is very frustrating to know that their are still men who think that women in general should stay home and be home makers. I still believe in a traditional family setting, but couples should work together in a marriage.
Old 20th May 2002, 11:23

Thumbs up To Laryska.....

Laryska,permit me to answer you as to why I am interested in Ukraine culture.I have two very close friends in Ukraine,one is a scientist,a Professor who is aged and who has presented many papers on nuclear research internationally and even in Malaysia and who resides in Krivoy Rog while the other is a businessman living in Keiev.I have known them for almost a year now and I am setting up their Business ventures in Malaysia.To be very honest they will be the pioneers from Ukraine to trade in Malaysia.I wanted to know about your culture and about your people and so I started the thread in the current events about Malaysia-Ukraine cultural relationship but I had no replies from any Ukrinians except one and that too from ricardo.In the same way I wasn't surprised when you asked me as to why a Malaysian of Indian descent(I AM A SRI LANKAN TO BE MORE PRECISE)was interested in Ukraine culture.I was trying to establish a long term relationship between Ukraine and Malaysia for the benefit of my Ukraine friends as well as it will be an asset for me in future in my business dealings with Ukraine.You too are like my two Ukrainian friends who are highly suspicious and cautious.They are very prominent people in Ukraine and they always talk to me about confidentiality and at least I know now through my participation in Ukraine.com a little about you all but not too well yet.So I hope I have answered your question Laryska and hope to see one day a better relationship in all levels between Malaysia and Ukraine. Rajkumar
Old 20th May 2002, 21:22

Ulysses
Re: To Laryska.....

Raj,

You forgot to tell her your new love is Ukrainian!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rajkumar
Laryska,permit me to answer you as to why I am interested in Ukraine culture.I have two very close friends in Ukraine,one is a scientist,a Professor who is aged and who has presented many papers on nuclear research internationally and even in Malaysia and who resides in Krivoy Rog while the other is a businessman living in Keiev.I have known them for almost a year now and I am setting up their Business ventures in Malaysia.To be very honest they will be the pioneers from Ukraine to trade in Malaysia.I wanted to know about your culture and about your people and so I started the thread in the current events about Malaysia-Ukraine cultural relationship but I had no replies from any Ukrinians except one and that too from ricardo.In the same way I wasn't surprised when you asked me as to why a Malaysian of Indian descent(I AM A SRI LANKAN TO BE MORE PRECISE)was interested in Ukraine culture.I was trying to establish a long term relationship between Ukraine and Malaysia for the benefit of my Ukraine friends as well as it will be an asset for me in future in my business dealings with Ukraine.You too are like my two Ukrainian friends who are highly suspicious and cautious.They are very prominent people in Ukraine and they always talk to me about confidentiality and at least I know now through my participation in Ukraine.com a little about you all but not too well yet.So I hope I have answered your question Laryska and hope to see one day a better relationship in all levels between Malaysia and Ukraine. Rajkumar
Old 20th May 2002, 23:00

forest
Raj,s girl

Hello Uylesses. I thought you guys had called a cease fire,? at least till S.N. gets back. So I hope you are not trying to make Raj angry again, he,s only just started to calm down all the best Ienjoy reading your postings
Old 21st May 2002, 08:01

Wink Technical Problem......

Forest are you there?