Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Education

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8th September 2002, 13:11
Former Member

girlfriend
Thanks, Rajkumar! I am not sure what self-realization really mean, is it individuation? I don't think I got there yet!
Old 9th September 2002, 04:34

Rajkumar is on a distinguished road
Smile girlfriend-listen to this

girlfriend,I thought you were a Self-realised person and in a way I still believe so.What is Self-realisation? I will tell you a little but with a story.Frankly I am also trying to find that answer but I still haven't got it.
Do you know your real self? Are you aware of your real identity? This question was put to thousands of people across the world.The answers given by them was similiar though there was difference in wording,mannerism,and tone of the people who answered these questions.One highly intellectual person,holding many degrees from prestigious universities was asked this question.Here is the conversation that took place.
"Sir may I ask you who you are.I hope that you won't mind this question".
"I am a Professor Emertius in a university in Carlifornia.My name is MR.."
Bur Sir,what you have told is about your profession.You have also given the name of your body whereas I asked you who you are".
"I am so sorry.Perhaps I did not understand your question.even now it is not quite clear to me.What do you want to know?
"Sir as a conscient being,you had your existence even before you were appointed as a professor and even before your body was given this name..."
"Yes,Yes.So what should be the answer? I think that I should have said that I am an American-a citizen of America-because that is where I was born,where I was given this name,where I got my education and where I teach even now.
"You have told me of your nationality.Thank you for that.But my question was:Who you are?
Oh,I see.Perhaps you want to know my faith.I am a christian.
This is your faith.Faith or the religion of your belief.But I am not asking about 'your' but 'you'.You have said your profession,the name of your body,your country,and your religion.But my question was about you and not about your.Even as there is difference between 'I' and my 'coat' or 'I' and 'my' houise so also is there a difference between "Self" and the "BODY".
Oh,I see what you mean.But I am sorry.I don't know,for sure about the self as you say.I've told you what I knew and what I thought of me...
The answers as that one given above show that most people had never before thought deeply on this question of the real identity of the self.HARDLY DID ANYONE know that the answers to this question determined their outlook,attitude,thought-pattern,behaviour and finally their state of mind and experience.Nor were people aware that their answer to this question influenced their mood and its effects on the atmosphere in their family and at their workplace and it influenced more or less all aspects of the society.
I hpoe with this girlfriend,you are answered with the question what is self-realization all about.Do you know your real self?Are you aware of your real identity? As for me frankly the answer is "No".For those answers one has to attain "Spirituality"-which simply refers to one's rational belief in one's own identity as a metaphysical self which is basically different in nature from the body including the brain,and from matter and from all its forms.
Why complicate our lives now with all this girlfriend? Maybe when our responsibilites and obligations towards our families are over we can spend the rest of our lives in seeking these answers of "Do you know your real Self? and towards "Spirituality".Till then like you said have faith in God and with our prayers onto Him,let Him guide us to the right path.
Take care girlfriend.You haven't answered me why the sudden crave for drinking "Kefir".
Old 9th September 2002, 05:06

Laryska
Drinking good or bad....

Alcohol is a crazy thing. It is something that humans drink for many reasons. I have to admit, I like a drink or two, or three... And sometimes I laugh of this, and sometimes I am embarassed of myself because many women I know do not drink at all, and I feel bad that I am one of those women that do.
The reason I made my comment earlier about how alcohol takes us into the past, and does not help us solve our problems, is because I have witnessed this myself. I feel comfortable revealing something very personal.
My father is somewhat of an alcoholic, and his drinking is what made me grow up so fast. I don't blame him for anything, for he went through alot in his life. He is never a violent drunk, usually a happy one. He stores up all his emotions whether happy or sad and releases them usually on weekends with his dosage of beers. I learned to tolerate this. However, sometimes this does go over board and it bothers me. It bothers me most because I am very scared I will turn like him, because I don't mind drinking, and for a women I can tolerate alot of alcohol for some reason. My father knows this, and my sister knows this, and my sister says things when I am drinking like " you will turn into dad" and this is hurtful, but sometimes I have to wonder if I really ever will.
I don't know why I chose to write this today, but I am one of those people that whether something was written on paper or computer I do not delete it.
Old 9th September 2002, 07:09

holland
Peace to you too! I'm just starting my fall term. I go part time after work
Old 9th September 2002, 08:05

Donquichotte
Smile

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Laryska
[B]Alcohol is a crazy thing. It is something that humans drink for many reasons. I have to admit, I like a drink or two, or three... And sometimes I laugh of this, and sometimes I am embarassed of myself because many women I know do not drink at all, and I feel bad that I am one of those women that do.
It bothers me most because I am very scared I will turn like him, because I don't mind drinking, and for a women I can tolerate alot of alcohol for some reason.

Dear Laryska,

I was about to answer your post on the open board then read this one.
First of all thanks for your nice evaluation (I guess that is because I only show my good side on this forum !).

I have some wonderful memories of my years in University, and its where I got all my closest friends, so enjoy those years ! (What are your majors ?)

From what you posted previously I believe you are 18/19 years old; I'd like to run a quick survey on this forum :
Has anyone this age ever drunk too much ? ever partied very late into the early mornings and woke up with the worst of hang overs ?
I can recall these years, and certainly I had my share of drinking, and was drunk more than once or twice. If I had to tell my "war" stories then Laryska your opinion of me would be slightly altered, and I am sure many other members on this forum went through the same stages (I hope so...).
Getting drunk was part of the fun, a result of it.

These years are behind me now, and though I will admit that on special occasions I still have one drink too much and wake up with hangovers, I normally drink very little and never had alcohol addiction of problems.

All of this to tell you Laryska that your behavior is not different from millions of young students, and that those who do not drink are the exception. Does it make them better? Not in my opinion. Does it make you worse ? certainly not, you are the "normality" as long as it does not get out of proportion and it remains "social drinking".
As years will go by and you are more familiar with alcohol and its effects you will naturally find the right balance when it comes to drinking, and that is true of other subjects too.
Why does someone drinks ? personal problems is number one obviously.
Boredom can also be a reason when you spend days wondering what to do because you cannot find ways to entertain yourself. At your age that should not be a problem, as you still have so much to learn and discover, so many books to read, so many movies to see, life should be a permanent subject of wonder and amazement. (it still is for me and I am nearly twenty years ahead of you).

Reading your posts over the past few months I have discovered a young woman who has gained a lot of wisdom for her age probably because of her personal situation, and I konw this wisdom has made her stronger and will guide her through life.

P.S : On a lighter tone, I never really trusted women who did not drink at all..nor dated any...
Old 9th September 2002, 08:27

Rajkumar is on a distinguished road
Smile

Laryska,permit me to make some corrections here on what you have just posted.Firstly,how could you call your father an alcoholic.Accordind to you,your father consumes alcohol that is Beers only during the weekends.That doesn't qualify him at any sense to be an Alcoholic.He is more of a Social drinker and the very fact he drinks only at weekends fits him to be one.
On the other hand an Alcoholic is one who consumes alcohol through out the day and night.One who is an alcoholic drinks alcohol the moment he wakes up.Alcohol is his breakfast.An alcoholic who does not have alcohol in his blood stream will experience what we call Delirium Tremors.During this time without alcohol he experiences tremors of his hands,agigtation and is in a confused state.In severe cases he goes into a condition called Alcoholic Encephalopathy.
Hope that should reassure you about your father.Again when it comes to a social drinker the effects of alcohol on any one individual differs and this is again determined by the quantity of alcohol consumed.In such levels of intoxication with alcohol some become violent,some become aggressive,some very romatic,some just remain quiet.Again the moods and behaviour on a social drinker when he drinks alcohol depends on the present state of mind when he or she consumed alcohol.If one's mind is fixed with revenge or vengence when one drinks at that moment surely one will drink so heavly and get so intoxicated that he may become violent and aggressive.On the other hand when one is in a depressed mood or feels sad and drinks alcohol at that time he or she can be quiet,more depressed,more emotional and even very romatic.It all depends on the individual.
Generally speaking girls can drink more than man and yet remain more sober than man.That's my personal finding and I have noticed that with girls.
Laryska,if there is a fear developing in you every time you drink than you should give a serious thought to it.But if you just consider drinking as fun than you don't have to worry so much.Maybe that's the reason why you posted.Maybe something was troubling you with regard to alcohol and a sudden fear came to you.Don't worry and just don't allow people to make you fear about anything.Take care.
Old 9th September 2002, 14:46
Former Member

girlfriend
Re: girlfriend-listen to this

Quote:
Originally posted by Rajkumar
girlfriend,I thought you were a Self-realised person and in a way I still believe so.What is Self-realisation? I will tell you a little but with a story.Frankly I am also trying to find that answer but I still haven't got it.
Do you know your real self? Are you aware of your real identity? This question was put to thousands of people across the world.The answers given by them was similiar though there was difference in wording,mannerism,and tone of the people who answered these questions.One highly intellectual person,holding many degrees from prestigious universities was asked this question.Here is the conversation that took place.
"Sir may I ask you who you are.I hope that you won't mind this question".
"I am a Professor Emertius in a university in Carlifornia.My name is MR.."
Bur Sir,what you have told is about your profession.You have also given the name of your body whereas I asked you who you are".
"I am so sorry.Perhaps I did not understand your question.even now it is not quite clear to me.What do you want to know?
"Sir as a conscient being,you had your existence even before you were appointed as a professor and even before your body was given this name..."
"Yes,Yes.So what should be the answer? I think that I should have said that I am an American-a citizen of America-because that is where I was born,where I was given this name,where I got my education and where I teach even now.
"You have told me of your nationality.Thank you for that.But my question was:Who you are?
Oh,I see.Perhaps you want to know my faith.I am a christian.
This is your faith.Faith or the religion of your belief.But I am not asking about 'your' but 'you'.You have said your profession,the name of your body,your country,and your religion.But my question was about you and not about your.Even as there is difference between 'I' and my 'coat' or 'I' and 'my' houise so also is there a difference between "Self" and the "BODY".
Oh,I see what you mean.But I am sorry.I don't know,for sure about the self as you say.I've told you what I knew and what I thought of me...
The answers as that one given above show that most people had never before thought deeply on this question of the real identity of the self.HARDLY DID ANYONE know that the answers to this question determined their outlook,attitude,thought-pattern,behaviour and finally their state of mind and experience.Nor were people aware that their answer to this question influenced their mood and its effects on the atmosphere in their family and at their workplace and it influenced more or less all aspects of the society.
I hpoe with this girlfriend,you are answered with the question what is self-realization all about.Do you know your real self?Are you aware of your real identity? As for me frankly the answer is "No".For those answers one has to attain "Spirituality"-which simply refers to one's rational belief in one's own identity as a metaphysical self which is basically different in nature from the body including the brain,and from matter and from all its forms.
Why complicate our lives now with all this girlfriend? Maybe when our responsibilites and obligations towards our families are over we can spend the rest of our lives in seeking these answers of "Do you know your real Self? and towards "Spirituality".Till then like you said have faith in God and with our prayers onto Him,let Him guide us to the right path.
Take care girlfriend.You haven't answered me why the sudden crave for drinking "Kefir".
Who are you? is a very good question, Rajkumar, I absolutely must think about it. Thank you for the story.

Thurst for kefir is puzzling. It must have somethingin it that I require at the moment. Doesn't it have some bacteria? I mus need it or something.