Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

What are my odds for success with the ladies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2002, 18:58

stigharaldsson
Jasper> I see your point. But for me it's like this, if I can't play on my Western credentials, why should I even go to an exotic third world country? I could go to Germany and France (as my parents want), but that'll be like home. And it's pretty much established "home" is not what I want right now.

Anyhow, since I first initiated this post I've heard alot of negative things about Ukraine. I'm still very much interested in going to Eastern Europe, and I'll probably go there within a week or two. But I'm going to the Baltics and Belarus, leaving Ukraine on shelf. Ukraine is too far away from other Western countries, and it seems to be like Russia but worse. In Brazil they usually had some touristpolice, and a big concern about the safety for tourists (always given good treatment). From what I heard the Ukrainan version of touristpolice.. is a cop that haunts foreginers for the sole purpouse of bribes.

If want to signal I'm Western, how will I go about it?.. I guess I'll just go up to a woman and talk to her. And that's pretty much my entire flashing strategy. The relationship will be between her and me, and no matter how I flash my status as a Westener verbally, it won't affect anyone else but mer and her for the moment, right? I'll just use common sence to guide me to avoid scams. Hopefully the only scam I'll encounter will be women who think sex will get them a Western passport, lol.

Rick> What are you? A mindreader? That's been my thinking too all along. The only thing you forgot to mention was a cowboy hat and leather boots.
Old 3rd March 2002, 22:43

observer58
Quote:
Originally posted by stigharaldsson
I'll just use common sence to guide me to avoid scams. Hopefully the only scam I'll encounter will be women who think sex will get them a Western passport, lol.

Take It For What It Is Worth......
Stig,
Or a trumped up rape charge because you were thinking with the wrong head. But with that said, you can encounter that at home also.

There has been a lot of good advice given to you here from many members of this board. Most, sound and IMO, solid. I would suggest that you take a step back and think about it all. Keep in mind too that there are many age differences behind all that advice given. Much of it follows along the same line or close to it.
I would offer you this little piece of advice though. Leave any and all arrogance and attitudes at the departure gate before boarding to go to your destination. People are by far, more receptive to others when they don't have to deal with that stuff.
Good Luck.

have a great one,
John
Old 4th March 2002, 07:35

stigharaldsson
Observer> I was just being sarcastic about the sex scam. It probably didn't get throug very well. Anyhow, I'm really thankfull about the advice and concern from the members on this board. And yeah, they're having a rather moderate "chill down" approach. But I think they're getting me the wrong way.

I'm coming out as arrogant right now, because this is the Internet and I'm very aware of it. In real life, I would never say things like these. I know the social codes.

The web is a great forum, because here you can discuss topics that you couldn't touch in daily life. There's alot more to me than the part that's just looking for sex and women. But that part needs it's fulfulling too. And I realize that side of me has gotten alot of exposoure in this thread. But I did so willfully, because there's so little info about this. Allthough there should be alot more, considering all (heterosexual) men, spend most of their lives thinking about women.
Old 5th March 2002, 03:14

observer58
Quote:
Originally posted by stigharaldsson
Observer> I was just being sarcastic about the sex scam. It probably didn't get throug very well. Anyhow, I'm really thankfull about the advice and concern from the members on this board. And yeah, they're having a rather moderate "chill down" approach. But I think they're getting me the wrong way.

I'm coming out as arrogant right now, because this is the Internet and I'm very aware of it. In real life, I would never say things like these. I know the social codes.

The web is a great forum, because here you can discuss topics that you couldn't touch in daily life. There's alot more to me than the part that's just looking for sex and women. But that part needs it's fulfulling too. And I realize that side of me has gotten alot of exposoure in this thread. But I did so willfully, because there's so little info about this. Allthough there should be alot more, considering all (heterosexual) men, spend most of their lives thinking about women.

Stig,
That's great that you are thankful to all the members of this board for their help in your quest for information. But I would like to point out to you regardless if YOU think there is a difference between people in real life and people on the internet. Regardless of what you may think about these internet people, they still are real. Sure, they may use a different name, but they are still real people. I can have a conversation here or anywhere other than here about any topic and have no problem doing so. The internet provides a wider and greater opportunity to mingle with people as it is a means of communications also.
As far as the members here on this board getting you wrong. I don't see that. Remember, it was you who led the people to this conclusion by your sarcasm, arrogance and approach to this topic. (But that was for the most part, overlooked.) I personally think that you should give the members of this board and more notably the ones that have taken the time to correspond with you on this topic greater respect and treat them like you want to be treated. No one is calling you the dumby on the other side of that keyboard. (Nor am I.)
Good luck to you. I hope you find what you are searching for and don't get into trouble in the process.

have a great one,
John
Old 5th March 2002, 07:49

stigharaldsson

Observer> I'm truly sorry. I do realize certain persons lack the logic ability to detect sarcasm and take it for the joke it is. I've been thoughtless to write posts for my own sake, rather than for the intellectually challenged.

As for you saying that people act similar on the Internet as they do in real life, just because that happens to be true about you it doesn't mean that's case for everyone. I'm certain most people might ignore certain social codes unacceptable in real life and come out more "as themselves" on the Internet, in the safe harbour of anonymity. But remember, that only apply for us with more deapth to our personality than what we convey on a daily real life basis (some people tend to only have one main personal dimension, which they immediatly flaunt to everyone who crosses their path).

No matter how appolegetic your post is, you can't refrain from using words like "dumby" and "arrogant" and other insultive insinuations. Therefore by using your logic, I take it you're not a gentleman in real life, just as you aren't on the Internet.
Old 5th March 2002, 07:54

Yorky999
Stig

Be advised your immaturity is beginning to show again - as it did when you started this discussion.
Old 5th March 2002, 10:49

stigharaldsson
Please Yorky, I'm trying to be as humble as I can. And how does this relate to the topic if I may make bold to require?