Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

What are my odds for success with the ladies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26th February 2002, 06:33

Steven
Thumbs up Good on ya!!!

Way to go Alyona,

Talk some sense into the lad!!!
Old 26th February 2002, 07:24

stigharaldsson
Alyona> Actually a few things have happened since I last wrote on this forum. Among others, I checked out some traveller's advice on these Canadian and American gov pages. They were all filled with serious warnings about Ukraine, about high levels of crime, armed robberies etc. Not that I'm scared of some petty gangsters, after all I'm a Swede, we have the skill to fight in our blood, but my poor mother doesn't see it that way. So I've chosen to re-direct my route; instead I'll take a ferry to the baltics, and I'll make a stop in Belarus as well. Czech republic could be nice, but it's allready flooded with Americans and Germans.

And if what you're saying about the clothingstore attendants is true...that would mean I'd have to pick up chicks at night time, like in discos and bars and stuff, man, would that be weird for a chance. Anyh*ou*w, back to stressing the question some other bright guy here asked. How's it like in the nightclubs?
Old 26th February 2002, 08:27

Yorky999
If it's any help - I have just returned from Kiev - I found it safe to walk the streets at night in the city centre - especially after leaving a nightclub - the clubs are full of attractive women and the crime problem is no worse that any other city in the world!!
Old 26th February 2002, 12:54

stigharaldsson
York> Finally I've found someone with indeapth knowledge! The women were beautiful? Great. So what was their attitude towards you? Where are you from btw and how old are you?
Old 26th February 2002, 15:26

Yorky999
My age - a lot older than you!!

Being English many of the "locals" get enjoyment just from conversation. I have quite a few friends in Kiev so introductions aren't a problem - EVERYONE is very friendly.

When I was there the weather was unusually mild with glorious sunshine - the mini skirts were out early!!

A word of advice - lose some of the ego - the women won't fall over themselves to get at you but if you act correctly they will talk to you - from thereon........??
Old 26th February 2002, 23:53

ricknorth
If all you want to do is score, get a hooker. If you want to look for lifelong love, you can find it in Ukraine, but why don't you go there with some purpose.

Find a cause to go for to help people, and you will be amazed at the amount of true lifelong friends you find.
Old 27th February 2002, 06:46

Steven
Thumbs up Right on Rick and Yorky!!!

Yup, you guys nailed it. This is what I have been trying to tell our dear friend Stig. Treat these ladies with respect and dignity. They are wonderful people and don't need an ego like Stig's. If he wants an easy lay, like I said before and like Rick has said now, get a hooker.

Sure Ukraine is bursting with beautiful women, wonderfully friendly people, and yes and the minis come out early, but that is not really the point trying to be made for Stig's benefit. Also, contrary to many of these reports issued by the US authorities, Ukraine does feel safe and I have never felt threatened during any of my trips there, which included traveling in there taxis, on their busses and on their metro and trains. Out and about in the city was also a carefree pleasure. I am sure that there are numerous members that can attest to this.

But go looking for trouble and you will not have to look very far. Keep a low profile and try not to stand out. Stig, your ego will probably tower over all else and "bust your ass real good". Yeah, you'd do a lot better for yourself to lounge about a brothel if a lay or two is all you are after. It will be cheaper than a plane ticket and you'll be guaranteed of getting your money's worth for what you are after.