Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Why do men get suckered in?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th May 2002, 00:39

dnhansen

I'm new here and am following this thread. I'm probably the most naieve when it comes to women and relatioships. I've been in a few relationships, all with American women. There is nothing wrong with them. I'm interested in a couple at the moment, but I've been conversing with a woman from Kiev recently. This person doesn't appaer to be like the "normal" Ukraine woman. This is where a little advice would be great. She's been telling me about the difficulties of living in Ukraine. She told me about her pas marriage and divorce. It's been nothing like the rapid "I wait for you...you're the only man for me" type of think. Her email's have been quite realistic...I think. Maybe this is one of my (many) flaws. I tend to trust most everyone. Anyway, I'm open to ideas/suggestions here.

Thanks,
David
Old 17th May 2002, 13:50

map2uk
Jutka,

The original post was why do Americans get suckered in? Yes?
Loneliness is probably the main part. If take the stereo types, male, 30-50, executive,divorced or spent too much time at his career to find a partner/wife. Then add a younger foreign woman who is promising a great deal and writes lovely letters. Bingo.

But why discuss it though? Hard currency ($) being brought into the Ukraine from the west is only good for your economy, is it not? The human cost is a different thing. Americans rate money more than anything (the American dream) to they really cannot complain about a few enterprising individuals can they? Also if they aren't prepared to travel on organised tours or use established "legitimate" agencies then what can they expect?

The virtual dating part of this site isn't regulated and there are scammers on there I had one today (hi Janna) who when I asked for her address and the agencies details so I could verify that they were real said it was offensive. ok perhaps it is but I had already confirmed my place of work etc so why not the other way around?
I sites like this should be used by western men as a portal only to finding out more info on culture/cities etc not to find the "love of your life".
What is funny is that the majority of Americans have never left the US of A and think the world revolves around them so they have no concept of different cultures/countries. Yet they want to bring in a foreign wife, they need to go to the countries first and see what life is like.
If you want to discuss is more then mail me jukta
Cheers
Matt

Old 17th May 2002, 14:23

map2uk
Ulysses

Thanks for the warning, but what makes you so sure I am not a master at the game? I'm not quite the stereo type I described above! And definitely more gorgous ;-)
And Lilly is right there are good and bad everywhere.

Matt
Old 17th May 2002, 17:43

jutka
Matt,

With all respect I couldn't help but laugh when I read the first part of your post!!
Offering a great "DEAL"?? Writing lovely letters? Is that all it takes? hahaha
Do you think they write their own letters? Even if they do, you don't think they will just tell you what you want to hear? "Yes mi hart, I cook cabbge borsht everyday after I iron yor socks".
Ok all kidding aside, what do you mean by a good deal.
I'm not making fun of you here, just feeling a little silly this morning. I'll email you later.

Cheers Matt!

Jutka
Old 17th May 2002, 20:05

map2uk
Wink

Jukta,

I know it sounds funny and I have a whole collection of letters that are obviously not written by the person in the pictures. Some are wonderful and I am in fact using some of the lines myself,others aren't so good. What gives them all away is that there are always in response to a letter that you write. But these responses never answer any of your questions or if they do it is something like this

blah blah
hope to from you soon my love,
blah
p.s My dogs name is rover and my mum is called femme fatal.

Also (take note scammers) you never even from the genuine girls receive emails unless you send one first even if you have been talking for quite a while.

The "deal" is what they advertise. A reality check is needed, gone are the days I think when CIS Women will marry old men. Afterall what sort of life can that be, it used to be possible and in a few cases it still is but I think times ahve changed and western men need to change their attitudes.
Anyway it's Friday nite & I'm off to get pissed wit me mates & b part of da chemical generation,so chat to ya soon geezer.<----that's proper English.
caio
matt

Old 18th May 2002, 03:19

SweetNovember
Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by dnhansen
I'm new here and am following this thread. I'm probably the most naieve when it comes to women and relatioships. I've been in a few relationships, all with American women. There is nothing wrong with them. I'm interested in a couple at the moment, but I've been conversing with a woman from Kiev recently. This person doesn't appaer to be like the "normal" Ukraine woman. This is where a little advice would be great. She's been telling me about the difficulties of living in Ukraine. She told me about her pas marriage and divorce. It's been nothing like the rapid "I wait for you...you're the only man for me" type of think. Her email's have been quite realistic...I think. Maybe this is one of my (many) flaws. I tend to trust most everyone. Anyway, I'm open to ideas/suggestions here.

Thanks,
David
A. She can be a scammer. You'll know itn the first time she asks you for money.
B We have a saying here, you don't buy a cat in a sack . Ask yourself what a you looking for? "A" wife, a woman with certain qualities? So far, the only quality she is interested in in a man is a foreign passport. The moment she formultates her requirements to you as a human being (most likely after she changed her passport), you'll start having relationship problems.
Old 18th May 2002, 10:15

Laryska
Ukrainian Women are Hot

This is Lara and Lena,
The reason why American women seem so shallow, and most women these days in general, is because they are sucked in by media, and social stereotypes. The media and social stereotypes make these women feel as if they need to act like bimbos, in order to be accepted by men. This is not only in America, but all around the world.
A real man is not attracted to a woman solely for physical reasons. It all comes down to attitude, self-respect, passion and culture. Any individual who is self confident and passionate about their culture has substance, and is not perceived as a shallow bimbo. These women are worth getting to know. Assimilation is wrong. Women should accept their individuality, and not be afraid of what others think of them. In the end they will find the right person to spend their life with, who will accept them for who they are, and the Ukrainian culture they are proud of.