Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Why do men get suckered in?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16th May 2002, 18:15

map2uk
You can look at any of the women on there between 18 to 30 get a fell for what they are after then repeat the exercise with ukraine.com for example and see the differences.
cheers
Old 16th May 2002, 18:25

jutka
Matt,

You are comparing apples and oranges. That website is not one that I would call a "dating" site. People are there mostly to meet friends, and many of the girls there look very attractive too. Besides, to get you to pick them or visit them, don't you think the girls on the Ukraine sites are going to tell you exactly what you want to hear? Read some of Sweetnovember's posts.... She seems to tell it like it is...

Jutka
Old 16th May 2002, 19:46

Ulysses
Agree

Matt,

You need to read some of the stories on these boards. Bottom line is, CIS women are masters at playing the game.

Quote:
Originally posted by jutka
Matt,

You are comparing apples and oranges. That website is not one that I would call a "dating" site. People are there mostly to meet friends, and many of the girls there look very attractive too. Besides, to get you to pick them or visit them, don't you think the girls on the Ukraine sites are going to tell you exactly what you want to hear? Read some of Sweetnovember's posts.... She seems to tell it like it is...

Jutka
Old 16th May 2002, 21:14

Lilly is on a distinguished road
Cool

Ullyses, for one so young to be so jaded about women. I suppose you have had some bad experiences. Correction to your post...ALL women are masters at the game - not just CIS...some just choose not to be. There are many good women everywhere.

Time for you to return home my darling, Penelope is waiting. She keeps unravelling that rug each night awaiting your return.
Old 16th May 2002, 21:32

Ulysses
Your correction

Yes Lilly - Your correction to my post is correct.

I wouldn't say jaded...I would say careful...

Penelope?! The name of my special person is something else.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
Ullyses, for one so young to be so jaded about women. I suppose you have had some bad experiences. Correction to your post...ALL women are masters at the game - not just CIS...some just choose not to be. There are many good women everywhere.

Time for you to return home my darling, Penelope is waiting. She keeps unravelling that rug each night awaiting your return.
Old 16th May 2002, 21:41

Lilly is on a distinguished road
Read The Iliad by Homer.
Homer, is the author of the Iliad and the Odyssey, the two major epics of Greek antiquity.

The Iliad
Both epics deal with legendary events that were believed to have occurred many centuries before their composition. The Iliad is set in the final year of the Trojan War, which forms the background for its central plot, the story of the wrath of the Greek hero Achilles. Insulted by his commander in chief Agamemnon, the young warrior Achilles withdraws from the war, leaving his fellow Greeks to suffer terrible defeats at the hands of the Trojans. Achilles rejects the Greeks' attempts at reconciliation, but he finally relents to some extent, allowing his companion Patroclus to lead his troops in his place.

Patroclus is slain, and Achilles, filled with fury and remorse, turns his wrath against the Trojans, whose leader, Hector (son of King Priam), he kills in single combat. The poem closes as Achilles surrenders the corpse of Hector to Priam for burial, recognizing a certain kinship with the Trojan king as they both face the tragedies of mortality and bereavement.

The Odyssey

The Odyssey describes the return of the Greek hero Odysseus from the Trojan War. The opening scenes depict the disorder that has arisen in Odysseus' household during his long absence: A band of suitors is devouring his property as they woo his wife Penelope.

The focus then shifts to Odysseus himself. The epic tells of his ten years of travelling, during which he has to face such dangers as the man-eating giant Polyphemus and such subtler threats as the goddess Calypso, who offers him immortality if he will abandon his quest for home. The second half of the poem begins with Odysseus' arrival at his home island of Ithaca. Here, exercising infinite patience and self-control, Odysseus tests the loyalty of his servants, plots and carries out a bloody revenge on Penelope's suitors, and is reunited with his son, his wife, and his aged father.

http://lrs.ed.uiuc.edu/students/mmar...ogy/iliad.html
http://classics.mit.edu/Homer/iliad.4.iv.html
Ullyses and Penelope.
Old 16th May 2002, 22:08

Ulysses
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the recommendation...Actually, I will buy a copy of both this Saturday...You are one of the few people to associate my name with Homer...most people thing of Ulysses S. Grant...

Regards,

Ulysses

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
Read The Iliad by Homer.
Homer, is the author of the Iliad and the Odyssey, the two major epics of Greek antiquity.

The Iliad
Both epics deal with legendary events that were believed to have occurred many centuries before their composition. The Iliad is set in the final year of the Trojan War, which forms the background for its central plot, the story of the wrath of the Greek hero Achilles. Insulted by his commander in chief Agamemnon, the young warrior Achilles withdraws from the war, leaving his fellow Greeks to suffer terrible defeats at the hands of the Trojans. Achilles rejects the Greeks' attempts at reconciliation, but he finally relents to some extent, allowing his companion Patroclus to lead his troops in his place.

Patroclus is slain, and Achilles, filled with fury and remorse, turns his wrath against the Trojans, whose leader, Hector (son of King Priam), he kills in single combat. The poem closes as Achilles surrenders the corpse of Hector to Priam for burial, recognizing a certain kinship with the Trojan king as they both face the tragedies of mortality and bereavement.

The Odyssey

The Odyssey describes the return of the Greek hero Odysseus from the Trojan War. The opening scenes depict the disorder that has arisen in Odysseus' household during his long absence: A band of suitors is devouring his property as they woo his wife Penelope.

The focus then shifts to Odysseus himself. The epic tells of his ten years of travelling, during which he has to face such dangers as the man-eating giant Polyphemus and such subtler threats as the goddess Calypso, who offers him immortality if he will abandon his quest for home. The second half of the poem begins with Odysseus' arrival at his home island of Ithaca. Here, exercising infinite patience and self-control, Odysseus tests the loyalty of his servants, plots and carries out a bloody revenge on Penelope's suitors, and is reunited with his son, his wife, and his aged father.

http://lrs.ed.uiuc.edu/students/mmar...ogy/iliad.html
http://classics.mit.edu/Homer/iliad.4.iv.html
Ullyses and Penelope.