Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Lugansk

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th March 2002, 23:39

Elena_Garrett
I mean - Rick...

Rick, sorry about that! I was typing the letter to Joe at the moment and typed "Joe" without thinking...

Elena
Old 19th March 2002, 06:24

Rik
Computer Program for Russian/English Translation

CameoJoe

Could you advise me the name of the computer prrogram you use for Russian/English translations

Thanks

Rik
Old 22nd April 2002, 08:11

SpinDoctor
Translator software

Well, I just stumbled across this thread while researching the whole Ukrainian/Russian thing. I'm just getting my feet wet and emailing a couple of women but I did find a cool translator that loads right into MS Word. It's called Pragma made by a company called Trident Software. It installs a drop down in your Word menu bar and you select Russian or Ukrainian and it translates the entire text or most of it anyway or vice-versa. You can usually get the general gist of what is being communicated. I used it to put my personal on a Ukrainian ISP personals site that lists emails for individuals posted there and I've been contacting them directly. It takes some time to translate their profiles but I've already had 2-3 write back since this afternoon. I'm not sure if the program will disable after the 30 day trial is over but

Check the translator out. I was really hesitant to get into a black hole of paid translations with an agency. I wrote a woman from Denmark last year and would have gone broke had we had to use something like that for the six months before we met. I know there was nothing like this out a year ago. I looked.

There are also a selection of online translators on the web but they only translate a small bit of text that. Just do a yahoo search for Ukrainian translator shareware and you'll find all of this.

SpinDoctor