Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Lugansk

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th March 2002, 23:18

ricknorth
You are right. The translation service for letters is necessary. The English lesson price is outrageous. All you can write prices are steep too.

I help my fiancee out with English lessons. $3.00 hour for private tutor; far better than $250/month.

Try http://www.antonsintro.net, http://www.911agency.com, http://www.athenaagency.com. I have been in their Minsk and Sevastopol offices. They do a great service reasonably and are very helpful. They give out their ladies address and phone information so you can just call the lady directly.
Old 18th March 2002, 04:45

Elena_Garrett
What you can do

Rick,

Well, if you do not mind using the translation services offered by the agency but would like to make sure your money does go for the good, and the girl is not just a money-making picture for somebody, you can try to do a few things.

If you are provided with her phone number, you can try to call her. If you do not mind, you can use the agency's calling "plan", or use an independent interpretor.

If you are not provided with a phone number to call, try to send her a little present like a bouquet of flowers or a box of sweets and a nice card. Use an independent flowers delivery service - if they will not be able to locate the girl at the address the agency provided, something is wrong.

If any of the methods above have shown that something is not right (like the flowers weren't delivered to her because the address is non-existing or wrong), and if you really like the girl a lot and wishing to spend a little more money on this case, you can try to find out what is going on there and hire an investigator, which will provide you with any information you want like: is the girl a real person or just a someone's photo, what are her real phone and address, are the things she says in her letters the truth, etc.

At the moment I am working on opening a company, which would assist foreingers in getting a professional Russian, Ukrainian and Belarussian detective's help. But my company will not start operating before June or July this year, so I am not much of help at the moment. I can, however, try to find out if any of my investigators would be able to help you to check the data out.

Or, I can give you a link to Michail Muinov's web site. Michail is a lawyer in Moscow, and he has some experience in such things. He does not conduct any investigations, I guess (since he is a lawyer, not a detective), but he can check goverment records for you. The only thing is that the records are not usually in perfect order and have a lot of outdated or missing data, so he cannot guarantee that the results of his reserch will be up to date or even 100% correct. All he guarantees is that he will try to find a girl through the available records.

His web site is:
http://allrussian.com/?hop=rusguide.allrussian

You may find that his services may be helpful.

Best regards and good luck,
Elena Garrett
Old 18th March 2002, 13:34

Rik
Any friends of your friend ?

Originally posted by ricknorth
> I help my fiancee out with English lessons <

Ricknorth . . . does your fiancee have any friends ?

At least with a personal introduction that way you would know the girl was genuine

I accept e:mails in this forum if anyone wants to recommend !

Rik - from West Sussex, England

PS my membership profile is username is 'Rik' and dating membership number is VU001959
Old 19th March 2002, 00:06

ricknorth
Tatyana

My fiancee has a very lovely friend who surprisingly was not listed with the agency I found my fiancee on. But, after my second visit, and I took Tatyana and her son with us to a fancy restaurant, she went to the agency with photos. Her name is Tatyana, 35, quite attractive, well-behaved 12 and 14 year-old children.

If I might give you a good cost-cutting tip. You are going to spin your wheels like I did when I first sent emails to women I knew nothing about. The women all say the same things in their profiles, but they are all very different. You have to go there to see what they are like in person. If you arrange a trip through AntonsIntro.net like I did you can meet 20 women in a few days, know that they are for real, pick out the ones who seem to be what is in your criteria, and have fun taking out some of the sweetest women on Earth. Accommodations and support are good through the agency. It is like you said; if you get what you pay for it is worth it to receive help.

Can't do it from a computer terminal, got to go there. You are talking about finding someone for the rest of your life. Everything is inexpensive when you get there, so you can really meet a lot of women and date them with out shelling out a lot of bread. When I am done, all my costs of meeting the right women; taking 3 trips over to the CIS will cost less than some sorry bassfish in America who has to buy a big rock for his Amerikanskee chubster. End of story.
Old 19th March 2002, 00:09

CameoJoe
Well Now!!!

Hi,

There is a computer translater that translates Russian/Engkish via all emails and is easy to use. My fiance uses it daily as we send emails. This program can be copied and sent through the mail if you get my drift.
If you have a scanner and this program you can translate any letter free. You can also receive and send letters via email free and translated by this program. My experience is that it's 95% accurate and I have had only very small problems with it.
I'm surprised people are paying anything for translations with this automatic program that is available NOW!!!

CameoJoe
Old 19th March 2002, 00:14

ricknorth
CJ

I downloaded Cyrillic. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. My fiancee bought a computer, we have instant messaging, and the other night I woke up at 3am and instant messaged with her and our son til 6:30am. What a blast.

Мой жена в севастопол очен красива!!!
Old 19th March 2002, 00:33

Elena_Garrett
Joe,

It would read

Моя жена в Севастополе очень красивая.

I see you are studying Russian! Great!

And I agree, these instant messagers are cool.

Elena