Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

!!!!FRAUD!! :-((((

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5th September 2001, 05:37

djphat
Thumbs down

Hi there, I have received a random ICQ message from a person name Vitaly Kolesnichenko, who works at "Odessa Export" His offer was about selling computer products for low price. I have asked him many questions to make sure he wasn't trying to scam me, he gave me his address, phone number and business #. So I felt safe enough to spend him money (through Western Union). After he took the money (early last week), he did not answer to my messages until lastnight saying the item has been shipped and he will fax me the information this morning but he hasn't. I now strongly believe he is a scam. So I was wondering if there was anything I can do, maybe contact law enforceement in Ukraine. I would really appreciate your help.

Here is Vitaly's address and office phone number

Vitaly Kolesnichenko
Korolyova str.22-134
Odessa,Ukaine

Odessa Export 2001
Business # 890-0319-313
http://www.odessaexport.com

If you can confirm his business that would be great.

You can reach me on ICQ: 13369302 or e-mail b.lee@ns.sympatico.ca

I hope to hear from you soon,

Thanks very much for your time,

Billy
Old 5th September 2001, 07:38

Irinka
Angry

Why do you keep on spamming the same info? One post was enough, please stop!
Old 5th September 2001, 16:32

djphat
Unhappy

Sorry Irinka, but nobody seems to be caring. I have lost $800 US, that's a lot of money for me. As university student trying to pay off loan and bills. With my part time job it would take 3 month to make that money.

I have e-mailed you before I made any post but I felt completely ignored. So I thought someone might care if I posted in couple different sections (that I thought this thread might fit in).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like contact information of law enforcement in Odessa.

Thanks, and sorry Irinka.. Only if you have replied to my e-mail and said something. You got to understand me, it's hard for me to even swallow any food and I go to sleep with my eyes open thinking about this. School is starting very soon and I feel totally lost and scammed.

Billy
Old 5th September 2001, 17:09

Irinka
Ukrainian law enforcement?

Have you ever been to Ukraine? The law enforcement there is very corrupt, they will take your money before helping you.
Besides, what posessed you to send money to a stranger? Everywhere you go on the net, you see warnings not to send money to anyone you can not prove legitimate, it'll simply be your lesson. You will never see the money you've sent, I can guarantee that a 100%
Such scams happen every day in North America, England, most civilized and third-world countries, such scams were designed to pray on people like you, who are inexperienced and gullible. I'm sorry this happened to you and that you have to learn the hard way.
One way to check whether a business is legitimate is to find it's former customers and see if they were satisfied or not, and if you can not find any information on that business, forget it...all the money you spend will be lost.
Old 5th September 2001, 17:28

djphat
Unhappy

Thanks for your help Irinka.

Yes, I've read some articles on corrupted polices in Ukraine. Now I just feel hopeless about this situation, I will take it as a lesson... But it was too much of money to just forget about..

I'm feel very angry with Ukraine governemnt still letting this happen, and not doing anything about it.
Old 5th September 2001, 17:31

Irinka
Which country do you live in?
I live in Canada and such things happen even here and even though the government and police try to controll it, it's up to you to be smart and have common sense.
Again, I'm sorry this happened to you, but it has nothing to do with Ukraine or police, it's you alone.
Old 5th September 2001, 18:22

BenCA
Just look at it from this way: Sh$t happens, deal with it.
Not to be rude or anything, there are all kinds of tragedy happens everyday, what made you think that some strangers will care about your lose of $800? For all I know, you're mad at your friend or developed hard feelings towards some individual and you're now trying to get back at him by slandering him on the net. If something did happen, the proper way to handle this is to contact your local authorities.