Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

What are Ukrainian men like?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27th May 2002, 23:59

Laryska
Question STOP RAJ!!!

Raj,
I am quite surprised to your reply to my comment about the History of Ukraine. All of what I had said is very true. And I feel as though you have deeply offended me as a Ukrainian, and have deeply offended my fellow Ukrainian brothers and sisters. I seem to get the feeling that you feel I have insulted Russia and their people. I have nothing against Russians at all. What was done to us in the past by the USSR government- ( not the russian people themselves) stays in the past... I believe that Ukraine is trying very hard right now to focus on the future, and the future development of Ukraine.
I am also surprised that you are upset with me about not answering any of your questions. I did not know I had an obligation to reply to every comment made on this site. I appreciated all your feed back to my comments. However, I did not know I insulted your culture, and Asian roots. I respected what you had shared with me, and I decided to share a little bit of my knowledge with the rest of the group on this site. I find your comments very rude. However, you do have a right to your own opinions.
As I keep on mentioning in my previous comments, I am not a historian. I just comment on things that I know, and things that I feel are very important to share.
I personally feel that there are not very many true Ukrainians using this site. And if they are, they are not voicing their opinions. I felt that people needed to be further enlightened and so I took the oppourtunity to answer some questions. I do not regret any of my comments.
I hope we can all still enjoy sharing our opinions openly and honestly.
Old 28th May 2002, 00:11

Laryska
ONCE AGAIN.....

Raj, I have just re-read your last commentary again. And I am still upset.
I don't feel you have the right to judge me, and my Ukrainian background. And don't think you have the right to tell anyone whether they know about their cultural roots or not. I know what I am, and I stand firmly with my knowledge and beliefs of Ukraine. I am Ukrainian and that is the end of story. Did I judge you.. and tell you to re analyze your comments?? If you are not of Ukrainian background yourself... where do you get off telling me I am not Ukrainian??? I find this very insulting.
Old 28th May 2002, 01:40

Lenna
Angry I couldn't agree more Larys!

Even reading Raj's comments infuriates me! I believe what you say Laryska, because I know the love of the Ukrainian culture that you have. It is something that everyone may not understand...Ukrainians ARE NOOOOTTTT for the hundreth time RUSSIANS! We are not the same. This DOES NOT mean that Russians are bad-we are just not the same, and it really angers me when people associate Russians and Ukrainians as being the same people. We are not. There are many naive people who don't understand Larysko, don't worry. There are even Ukrainians who don't understand. That is their problem. All we can do is try and bring awareness to others. Awareness is the most important thing. Good job Larys!
Old 28th May 2002, 02:17

Ulysses
Exclamation Larys & Raj

Guys, take it easy and think things out.

Raj, Larys asked you why you were interested in Ukrainian culture. You replied what I thought was a good answer. Larys did not follow up on your response. This doesn't mean she's ignoring or disrespecting you. Sometimes people don't respond to every comment. If you want to get feedback and don't get a response to your comments. I think you should then try asking the question again and ask for commentary. In regards, to the Russian-Ukrainian issue she was discussing the effects of Russian culture on Ukrainians. I thought these comments were fair, she did not state any disregard for Russians. She was only explaining the effects of Russian culture on Ukrainians. Raj, you were a bit quick on the accusations, and you threw in a few not nice words...In conclusion, I don't think Larys, did anything wrong, all this was just misunderstanding,

Larys, I think this was a misunderstanding. Raj, said some not nice things because he misunderstood your comments. This does not make saying those things right. Calm down while we clear up this misunderstanding. Let's get everything straightend out.

Old 28th May 2002, 02:28

Laryska
Thanks

I would just like to thank Ulysses and Lenna for their comments. I am glad things are getting straightened out. I also hope Raj has no hard feelings towards me. In the world we live in today, any kind of enemy associations are not worth making.
And I must agree with Lenna. Ukrainians use this site for further awareness and clarification of our culture.
Old 28th May 2002, 03:00

jutka
Can the Ukrainians here please tell us the differences between Russians and Ukrainians? Thanks!!
Old 28th May 2002, 04:06

Laryska
A brief reply

I thought I had already answered some of your question as to what is the difference btw Russians and Ukrainians.
There are many differences. For one thing, our languages may sound similar but they are not. The accents are not the same, the sounds are not the same, and some of the alphabet is not the same. Although both of our Countries are right next door to eachother we are very different. Many non Ukrainians may perseive our Cultures as the same, but they are not. The way people lived in Russia and the way people lived in Ukraine was totally different. Our cultural traditions are also different. Food is different too. Cultural costumes are different as well.
If I can't get the feeling of differentiality accross ..... then try compare the people to U.S to Canada. They are very different. The same way Ukraine is different from not only Russia, but all of it's neighbours..... Romania, Poland, etc.
I hope I clarified things.