Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

What are Ukrainian men like?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2002, 08:34

forest
All the Ukranians I know do not feel as one with Russia in fact you would be told where to go if you even hinted that he or she were russian
On my travels through Ukraine it is hard to find anybody who as any alliegence to Russia [thats west Ukraine]
Old 24th May 2002, 21:48

Laryska
Question Re: Russians

Some of you are asking why are there are Russians in some parts of Ukraine. Well there are many reasons for this. One of them is when Ukraine was part of the USSR the Russian language, culture and education system was strictly enforced in all the the Republics of USSR. Ukrainians were forced to forget their Ukrainian Language, Culture, etc.... Ukrainian Churches were boarded up and the citizens of Ukraine had to speak Russian only. So for many years Ukrainians were forced to become Russian. However, Eastern Ukraine was more influenced by Russia and it's culture, so even till today many of the Ukrainians speak Russian and don't even know Ukrainian. However, it is not that bad in Western Ukraine. Like in Lviv. People can still speak Ukrainian.
This frustrates me very much, because many Ukrainians were brain washed to think that their culture and language was of a lower class. They were convinced by the Russian government that the Ukrainian Culture was worthless, and as a result these Ukrainian feel that they are Russians.
There are also many other historical reeasons aswell, but that would take pages to explain. And I would rather not get into such detail because I am not a historian.
I hope you found this info helpful
Old 26th May 2002, 02:30

Ulysses
Russians?

I think the last two paragraphs explains my question. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Laryska
...many Ukrainians were brain washed to think that their culture and language was of a lower class. They were convinced by the Russian government that the Ukrainian Culture was worthless, and as a result these Ukrainian feel that they are Russians.
There are also many other historical reeasons aswell, but that would take pages to explain. And I would rather not get into such detail because I am not a historian.
I hope you found this info helpful
Old 26th May 2002, 03:21

Lenna
Wink Laryska, can you help?

Hi Laryska,
No one really answered my que from last time, maybe you can??? You seem to know alot about Ukrainian culture, can you help? It looks as though you are a strong lover of Ukrainians, as I am!
Old 26th May 2002, 10:47

Rajkumar is on a distinguished road
Angry Stop!LARYSKA

Laryska,I am really disappointed with you.You were one preson a Ukrainian who asked me which I clearly remember "Why a Malaysian of Sri Lankan decent was interested in Ukraine Culture? I gave my sincere reasons and why was it so you failed to even aknowledge my answers.Why because I am a Ceylonese,a Asian or is it you are incalculated with confedientality by the society of yours?Or is it because my friends were well connected with your PRESIDENT.You are trying here to justify your Ukranian culture and giving us the differentation between Russians and Ukrainians.Check yourself Laryska first before you justify to answer anything because to me a Russian is a Russian and I a Asian of Sri Lanka decent a Malaysian citizen will always stand to honour a Russian and you are not qualified to answer any thing on Ukraine culture and don't ever try to differentiate Russia aad Ukraine without you yourself not knowing the true culture of Ukraine.I have my greatest friends in Ukraine,I have the highest respect for them as Ukrainians and please disqualify Laryska's statements with regard to this issue.As for me Ukrainian man and woman are as great as the Russians.I am Rajkumar not in disguise name.
Old 27th May 2002, 07:41

Ulysses
Hey Raj

Hey Raj,

I'm looking for your response to Laryska's question but I can't find it! Which thread did you post it in? I'm going crazy looking for it.
Old 27th May 2002, 11:42

Rajkumar is on a distinguished road
Unhappy The threads Ulysess

SORRY ULYSESS I SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU WHICH THREAD TO CHECK IT UP.How come you are sleepy so soon?Well Ulysess since you have an analytical mind see how you figure this out.Laryska posted me a question in the thread "Why do men get suckered in?"( PAGE 3).Analyse her question very carefully.I choose the thread TRADITIONAL VALUES(PAGE 2) to answer her question.Put youself in my position as an Asian and give me how you feel about it.Your answers mean alot to me so give me a frank opinion about it.In return I will send you a bucket full of Breast chicken(courtesy from Forest farm)and the best wine added with the best soul music(you know what it is or Forest is trying to pull a fast one on us,check it up).Thanks.See you in Russian.com.