Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

What are Ukrainian men like?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:39

Veshinka is on a distinguished road
Once I dated an American guy: a disaster!! He left me the day after because I did nothing sexual with him! Forgetting that I neither knew him! If I have to marry a foreigner, an Eastern European would be better according to my mentality. More romantic, more gallant and more men (and less metrosexual).
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:24

Farrieress is on a distinguished road
Veshinka, Sorry to hear that... I too have run across many men with that same personality in my country (USA). I miss the old style southern gentleman. That is why when I first met the Ukrainian man I'm talking to, I had no real thoughts of romance. He was helping me with learning Russian and over time the conversations veered toward getting to know one another. I was completely surprised to discover that he possessed most of the traits I longed to find in a man here.

Only bad thing is that he lives in Ukraine and as such will be difficult (not impossible) to pursue a romantic relationship. I do however plan on meeting him in a neutral country, and we'll go from there.
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:11

Veshinka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrieress View Post
Veshinka, Sorry to hear that... I too have run across many men with that same personality in my country (USA). I miss the old style southern gentleman. That is why when I first met the Ukrainian man I'm talking to, I had no real thoughts of romance. He was helping me with learning Russian and over time the conversations veered toward getting to know one another. I was completely surprised to discover that he possessed most of the traits I longed to find in a man here.

Only bad thing is that he lives in Ukraine and as such will be difficult (not impossible) to pursue a romantic relationship. I do however plan on meeting him in a neutral country, and we'll go from there.
Meet in Italy! Usually both Americans and Ukrainians love it!
That American guy deluded me in all the ways. I was still very young and he was in vacation in Italy. After he left me (for the stupid reason I wrote upper) he joked with his friends from my same town that I was bad at kissing and so on. Of course I was bad, he was the first guy with whom I had a true kiss. That idiot...
I don't think that having sex with everybody is a sign of female emancipation. Many Italian boys find this cool and go to Northern Europe on holiday in search of adventures, but I would feel used as I put always feelings when it comes to something intimate.
Well, this Ukrainian man is super, I really enjoy to spend my time with him. I also had relations with some Italian guys and they were positive, but we weren't compatible characterially that much. So I'd suggest, basing on my experience: Italian men yes, Ukrainian men yes. Americans, NO WAY!!

If you really like this man try to meet him. Unlucky Ukraine is not a rich country and he could have economical problems to reach you. Lucky there is a nice site called "Couchsurfing" where people host tourists for free at home and can find people ready to guest them abroad. This could be a good solution to meet in a city without having to pay for sleeping. Hope this may help you and good luck!
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:48

Farrieress is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veshinka View Post
Meet in Italy! Usually both Americans and Ukrainians love it!

If you really like this man try to meet him. Unlucky Ukraine is not a rich country and he could have economical problems to reach you. Lucky there is a nice site called "Couchsurfing" where people host tourists for free at home and can find people ready to guest them abroad. This could be a good solution to meet in a city without having to pay for sleeping. Hope this may help you and good luck!
Спасибо! Хорошая идея. If all works out then great, if not will be nice vacation and my first time out of country. Though I have strong feeling that all will fall into place, as I enjoy talking with him.
Old 26th September 2013, 00:43

Daniel Anderson is on a distinguished road
I am an American man, engaged to a Ukrainian woman. I am not pushing the physical side of the relationship. Just wanted to point this out, because, just like Ukrainian men, not all American men are the same. I think pushing the physical side of the relationship is a mistake that cannot be fixed. Ok...back to topic.
Old 26th September 2013, 08:54

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Love with a Ukrainian requires health warning!

I wish you success with your romance, but I 'm wondering if you are considering the obstacles of marriage in Ukraine (assuming that is your objective) and how you shall live together after the marriage.
You will need to carry out several visits to Ukraine to process the marriage application to a conclusion, unless you are able to stay here during several weeks.
Then will begin the much longer process of getting your new spouse back to your home country.
Good luck, you'll need it!
Old 26th September 2013, 22:56

ukieoz is on a distinguished road
Yes rena12 with some bias brings out the character of Ukrainian men. Mine is about the same even though culturally i am mixed Not ethnically.
I Also speak Spanish,Italian Portuguese by default and a number of other languages too.