Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

What are Ukrainian men like?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20th November 2002, 19:28

Laryska
Hello

HEllo Rajkumar, and everyone!!
The first semester of the year is coming to an end very soon. I am transfering out of design and I will be taking business related courses, to see if I would like to pursue interanational business. MY next semester will be very tough, a full load of courses, some of which I do not want to take, but I will do what i need to do.
Raj, I am still still confused on what I should become, I keep on thinking about becoming a teacher, but I know I might not be satisfied with that career choice.
Rajkumar, please praise your daughter for doing a fantastic job on her exams. YOu must be very proud, and this is good.
Divchyna, Pryvit! Yes, why is it so hard to find good ukr men?? I think there are two kinds of ukr women, those that are too loyal to their men, and those that refuse to allow the men to boss them around. I am of the second type of woman, and I am sure my stubborness is half my problem... Most ukr men are demanding, and they cannot tolerate women who won't listen to what they have to say.
What else can I say??
I have to aggree that when people are drunk their "true colors" show through. However, I wish men could be more honest and straight forward when they are sober, but this is not always the case.
Takecare everyone!
Old 15th June 2009, 03:51

ukebandit
w for that tea ell were quite endowed,vodka is like water to us,whats this grey goose is it vodka or soda pop.we prefer educated women with 3 jobs if not at least 2.we bond easily with othetr men unless their from another region or tribe then we get drunk with them and beat the hell out of them "tribal tradition".we are to preoccupied to work since we are too busy thinking up new get rich schemes,work also fascinates most of us personally i could watch work all day and then go home and take a nap! at home the coach and tv remote are off limits to all,we are not fond of your lady friends since we view them as meddlers and home wreckers,try to stay of the phone since we are always expecting an important phone call? at home we are needy,our voices are naturally loud so be kind to us we are not hollering at you for that tea and sweets.in the bed room we know we are fantastic,so why bother how many world cups do we need,also most of us have bad backs so we need our rest,we are highly monogamous,but when things get horrific we rise to the occasion and can be very heroic remember The Great Patriotic War"were defensive not offensive and we promise you a long and lasting love.best wishes
Old 15th June 2009, 11:24

irina_tours is on a distinguished road
Girls, I suggest you to see them (men) in tilting match!
In Ukraine, Lutsk. THESE ARE REAL MEN! Strong and sweaty

Last edited by Kathy; 15th June 2009 at 15:07.
Old 20th August 2009, 11:33

jedna_brew is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hslowe View Post
What I've noticed about the Ukrainian men in my life:

--They are very masculine and sexy.

--They have great stamina in bed.
you forgot to add "And above all else, they are very modest" .
Old 27th August 2009, 14:30

rena12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hi there. I found this site and thread by doing an internet search on "Ukrainian men." I was seeking a deeper understanding of my boyfriend Vitaliy, but there just isn't much info out there on the topic of what Ukrainian men are like. So, to answer the original question, which is a very good one, I'll try to describe my experience having had two boyfriends (one still with me) and also five or so male friends from Ukraine. My comments are not to be taken generally because I don't know enough Ukrainians to say more than what I've observed in my own little circle.

What I've noticed about the Ukrainian men in my life:

--They are hard workers.
--They are always late.
--They all know how to fix a car. No matter what their profession, they could be part-time mechanics on the side.
--They like to drink, a lot.
--They smoke like chimneys.
--They have great stamina in bed.
--Their friends are close friends...they don't really have "acquaintances" or casual buddies like American men do.
--They prefer to show rather than tell, i.e., they don't engage in verbal analysis of the relationship or their feelings toward you. Much is left unsaid.
--They treat a woman like a woman, paying her lots of respect and giving her the honor of endless toasts, frequent gifts of flowers, etc. They expect to pay for the date. But most of them also have a traditional view of women (we should cook, clean, etc., and we are left to talk amongst ourselves while the men go outside to smoke). So if you are a hardcore feminist, you may not enjoy dating a Ukrainian man.

These are a few of the things I've discovered so far. I've found I like my Ukrainian man very, very much. He is quite romantic but in an understated way that is different from the approach of American men. Vive la difference!

I'm agreed with you totaly!
I can also add that Ukrainian men likes when woman taking care of him and then he will give back much more attention and cares
Presents and Flowers thye likes to do specially jewelery
and of course they like a women wearing high heels and stockings if he has such woman he would never look to the other side.
Many of Ukrainian men would marry a woman with a child and will educate him as his own.
Drinks - I know that thye drink much ones but not each day
of course depend on the education and style of life .. my Ukr. frieinds drinks only when is some big holidays like New Year Night or birthday .... and mainly at home

in comparable with Americans if they love... they realy love they don't like just speel the most important words but they shows everyday in someway.

They can be not rich... but flowers they bring the same
Old 12th September 2009, 04:59

V-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura about
This thread really needs to define who qualifies as a Ukrainian man. Is being born of Ukrainian parents in the USA enough? What about being raised in Ukraine until teenage years? What about being Polish but raised in Ukraine?

I think all humans are shaped based on their environment, such as friends, family and the views are absorbed and followed based on those. People change and adapt, no one is the same and even some hard wired values can change in a person. So just off the boat Ukrainian may not enjoy the USA just like the USA may not enjoy reshaping the off the boat Ukrainian. But after a few years, the assimilation will change both and YES even feminists can date Ukrainian men
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:34

Veshinka is on a distinguished road
I am an Italian girl who stays with an Ukrainian man. Let's put aside the age difference. This is what I have noticed:

Quote:
Do you mean that they act in a masculine way? It's tue, they are also a bit omophobic and maschilist though.

Quote:
--They are hard workers.
True.

Quote:
--They are always late.
Well, since I am Italian I don't find them to be late. Minutes more, minutes less...

Quote:
--They like to drink, a lot.
Not mine. In Italy he changed ths habit.

Quote:
--They smoke like chimneys.
Mine doesn't smoke at all.

Quote:
--They prefer to show rather than tell, i.e., they don't engage in verbal analysis of the relationship or their feelings toward you. Much is left unsaid.
Yes, and as an Italian I needed time to understand this. I often asked him "Why don't you tell me anything!?", "I love you", "And??","That's it, I love you." :/

Quote:
--They treat a woman like a woman, paying her lots of respect and giving her the honor of endless toasts, frequent gifts of flowers, etc. They expect to pay for the date. But most of them also have a traditional view of women (we should cook, clean, etc., and we are left to talk amongst ourselves while the men go outside to smoke). So if you are a hardcore feminist, you may not enjoy dating a Ukrainian man.
True. Actually he bought me a rose only once, but he pays always the check. He also cooked for me several times. About the thing that women should cook and clean, Italian men pretend the same, but AT LEAST Ukrainians say it to you first.

I'dd add: they like their women to be feminine and educated.