Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

What are Ukrainian men like?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28th October 2002, 19:31

Emma
Re: forest is the man........but.....he is busy.....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rajkumar
forest,my friend lives in England,Emma.He is Ukrainian.But you have to post to him if you want to know further details.He is quite busy at the moment because of some paperwork.He is waiting for his new sectary.She is on the way.Emma,are you looking for a job?In case you need a job kindly send your stuff to MR.Ulysess who takes care of forest secret desires(PNC).By the way forest is very helpful.Me,I scout around to look into his needs.On a Professional basis of course.We that is me and MR.Ulysess are on his(forest) payroll.
Just trying to help you Emma.Good Night,Emma.
[

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate this. I am not looking for a job, really but I am a little curious about this PNC organization. Could you tell me if which county he lives? I wonder how I could contact him..if he is interested, that is. Just want to know more about UKrain and its culture.

Thank you.
Emma
Old 29th October 2002, 06:11

Laryska
Cool

Raj, I didn't see your post earlier.
I don't blame you that you were shocked to hear your daughter has boyfriends at her age. It eems to me that she is a very smart girl. I like the way she quickly responded with the boyfriend comment. She has a smart mouth. I think she almost did it to intentionally shock you, so you wouldn't bother her anymore. I know I was (and still am) quick with words with my parents, especially when they ask so many questions. But, you as a father should not stop asking and still keep a watchful eye. She may have boyfriends, she may not. If you really analyze her situation, if she is a very confident girl right now, and she can admit that boys like her I don't see this causing any problem.
For example, at a very early age I knew boys liked me. I think this is a good thing, because it's important for girls to know that the opposite sex is attracted to them. It keeps them confident so that there is one less thing they have to worry about. If boys already like her, she doesn't have to worry about that in the long run. She already knows she is popular and attractive, so she will be able to focus on more important goals. I can tell you one very good example of this. My sister was never popular with the boys, and as a result she had a very low confidence level. Since she didn't get any attention from the opposite sex, she always wanted to obtain this attention, and this became her main focus. While she was in university, she always worried about whether she had a boyfriend. As for me, even if I don't have a bf, it doesn't matter because I know I am good! And so I worry more about my studies and my future career aspirations.
To make a long story short Raj, you don't have to worry abou t your daughter too much! Still watch at a distance, and do not hesitate to react at any time!
Old 29th October 2002, 12:21

Rajkumar is on a distinguished road
Dedicated to Laryska,Kaizer,Kathy,Mr.Ulysessand the other members of Ukraine.com.

Thank you Laryska and to Kaizer,Kathy and MR.Ulysess.For the first time I am sharing my thoughts and concern for my daughter and I as a father I shared for the first time this thread in ukraine.com to my daughter.To all of you here let my daughter share her thoughts to all of you as a daughter of mine especially to Laryska.

Saundira:Hi guys!!I'm Sandra,Dr.Rajkumar's 1 and only daughter.1st of all.I must say that I've never met such brilliant people like all of u here in ukraine.com besides my parents.Your views on the"handphone"which I insisted were simply SUPERB!!!!!Actually,most girls whom i know buy handphones just as a source to boast to others whom they don't like.But my intention on the phone wasn't for that purpose.I needed a handphone so badly 4 emergencies.I suppose most of u missed that point.But I can say that only 99%of kids 2day need handphones 4 that paticular purpose.I know many kids who abuse the privalages their parents have given them.They just don't know the limit.Maybe this can be another topic on ur fantastic discussion board.Laryska,ur words were just the best.U really understand us(girls)very well.Ur views really amazed me.Whatever u said really seem logic to me.I must say that all girls must read that collumn on the "handphone"matter.My dad really has high respect 4 u.He often talks about u as well as Kaizer,Kathy and Mr.Ulysess and his favourite buddies Forest,Sir Andrewblow,happy_Gunner,SweetNovember and of course,The Don that is Donquichotte.This is the 1st time my dad allowed me to send a posting in ur faboulas Ukraine.com.But he allowed me 2 post after ur posting,Laryska.Otherwise,he wouldn't have.Before ending,I would like to thank all of u 4 the advice and a special thank's to Laryska.See u!!!

From,
Saundira Rajkumar@Sandra........
Old 29th October 2002, 13:45

Kaizer
Hi Saundira,

Nice of you to give your view on this matter. Helps me a lot because I have a daughter of 11 years old. But I have to be very honest with you by saying that my daughter came with the same argument that she needs a phone for emergencies only. I have explained to her that luckily emergencies dont happen a lot, so is it worth carrying a phone around for when it happens. She had to think about it and then came with a answer. Actually it is just nice to have and if a emergency happens she can call.
And personally I think that this is what it is. I myself have a cell phone and to be honest with you I actually dont need it. I bought it because it was nice to have. Guess what my argument was: I said, well it is good to have it because if my car brakes down I can call home. I have the phone six years and my car never broke down.

So to make a long story short, we us parents do understand that the world now is much different from when we grown up. And sometimes it is difficult for us to except it. And we have to go with the times.
In the beginning I said no she will not have a phone but I now said she can buy a phone with a prepaid card and all private calls is for her account and I will pay the emergency calls. Saundira, if you be very honest with yourself you will know that i wont be paying for emergency calls because there wont be any. All I say to you is, your father loves you very much and as a parent he is concerned about you. This is a very natural thing for parents to do. Always remember this, and last but not least enjoy your phone.
Old 29th October 2002, 23:31

Laryska
Cool

Thank you Raj for permitting your daughter to comment on what I wrote. HEr comments made my day, because today I had a very bad one.
However, I re-read what I wrote, and I just wanted to make clear that I did not mention that I feel it is not at all neccessary for a young girl to feel like the only way in becoming a confident young women is through boys!! This is wrong. I wanted to stress that sometimes knowing that one is attractive boosts confidence levels.
Raj, I think that you know me somewhat from what I write about on ukraine.com. I had a bad day today because I have to start to decide where I should focus my studies. Should I get a business degree, should I get a degree in education, what the hell should I do Raj??? I want to do something meaningful in my life, but I'm not sure what career area I should pursue. I think you understand where I am coming from because you are a medical doctor, and doctors help people all the time, and this is a meaningful job. If I became a business women would I still be able to help people?? Business people are very greedy. IF I became a teacher, I would become someone who is sort of plain, and not very prominant. I am worried if I become a teacher my brain will turn into mush from teaching the same materials over and over again. IF I became a business woman, would i still be able to travel and work long hours while raising a family??
SOmetime soon I have to take a risk, and I am not looking forward to this.
I might want to become a lawyer, but I have to get one degree first, and I can't keep on switching faculties.
Any of your opinions will be very helpful!
Old 30th October 2002, 10:56

Kaizer
Hi Laryska,

I would like to make some comments on what you have written. My first advise to you is ,be happy in what you do now, do what your hart tells you and forget the future. Forget about a family, how you can combine your job later with a family ect

The reason I say this is because I did exactly what you are worrying about and I gained nothing out of it. Let me explain. I started on a very young age studying and working in the IT branch. From that I left school I worked and studied in foreign countries. I wanted to become this big shot consultant in the IT. When I came back to my country I moved to a very small village ( 1800 people) because I had enough of rushing always. Like you can understand there is not much IT opportunities because I am not close to a big city. I decided to start work for somebody till I see a opportunity in the IT branch again. I found a job working as a service technician installing hardware, software and solving problems on equipment for blind and bad sighted people. I had my own region and I was free in my decisions and I only went to office once in three months.

Then my opportunity came in the IT branch and I left to go and work there. I mean I am going back to the big money and to the work I am trained for. Well Laryska let me tell you, I have never been so unhappy working for the big money. It has nothing to do with my work but I only realized now what a great and meaningful job I had, helping people. I called my ex boss to say that I want to come back. I have been told that as soon as they have a position open I am the first one in. And believe me if they call I will go.

All I am trying to point out to you is that I never ever thought that with my education I would go and do a job that I am not trained for and enjoy it. So I say to you, deep in your hart you know what you would like to do and that is what you should do. I hope this help you a little bit in your decision.
Old 30th October 2002, 18:18

Laryska
Thanks

Thank you for sharing your comments with me Kaizer. I am trying to follow my heart, but I am so busy i can't really stop and listen to what it is telling me. It always seems that when other people need help, or I see problems in others, it is so easy for me to find their solution, or give them advice. But, the story is different when I have a problem, and when I need to fix it. I don't really have a huge problem, it's not a problem. It is just difficult to try and make important decisions on how I want my future. I would like to be so many things, it is just hard to find the one thing that really "clicks".
I am still curious as to what my friend Rajkumar will say....