Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Seeking help, advice for a beautiful girl in Sverdlovsk

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th June 2014, 08:45

marconey is on a distinguished road
Seeking help, advice for a beautiful girl in Sverdlovsk

I have been communicating with this beautiful girl from Sverdlovsk, Luhansk region.I met her on an old fashioned dating site (not one of those high profile sites, ones that constantly require you to buy credits to watch her video, or to talk to her etc.!). And yes, I understand there are scams out there too. I am well read on that but at some point one has to believe…. We have been communicating, exchanging emails and we have even talked 3-4 times, although briefly. She seems like a nice old fashioned girl, coming from a non-metropolitan area. Having lost both her parents when she was just 2 years, her grandmother raised her and she's very close to her. She goes to visit her every weekend.

Last week I talked to her, she said she has some bad news. She said she might have to move (or might be moved) and may not be able to keep in touch with me because of the unrest, shootings and violence going on in Sverdlovsk. She said she'll always keep my contact info. and will always be in touch. I was worried. But she now seems to be back to work (at a children's art school as an art teacher). I am worried for her safety as she says there is quite a bit of fighting going on there with tanks and soldiers and all. For me the frustrating thing is, even though one can scour the internet for disturbances in major areas such as Donetsk, there's almost nothing on the net about Sverdlovsk. She said she's very worried about her safety as there are bombings going on in the area, there are wounded soldiers and civilians in her area, etc. - Never having to deal with anything like this before and never having any association with anyone in this situation (so close to battle / violence), for me, sitting here in California, US, this seems like right out of the movies… (not make light out of the situation).

Is there anyone here from that region?

I would love to get her out of there as soon as possible but I have a feeling it's not going to be that easy. I am already exploring ways but I would love to get to know people here in the forum who share similar concerns or people who are from that area, who have been to that area / familiar with the area to chat with, get some advice etc.

Thank you vey much!
Old 19th June 2014, 09:10

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
You must be patient because much of eastern Ukraine is a virtual war zone. Some pro-Russian activists (mostly Chechins) are reported to be looting food stores because they have not been paid. Here in Lugansk two pro-Russian activists attempted to rob a bank, but I believe they were shot. Those activists that are 100% Donbas fighters (local men) are genuinely fighting for Russian unification and are being killed everyday along with usually lesser number of Ukrainian forces soldiers. I believe that if the situation continues even the most ardent pro-Russian citizens will begin to see the misery that they are bringing upon themselves.

As a USA citizen It would be foolish of you to come any further east than Kharkiv as Americans are no longer popular here. You can only wait, for if your lady is interested enough she will find ways to maintain irregular contact. But be aware that the desire for a young Ukraine woman to exit Ukraine is probably more intense than it has ever been and you should consider this factor in her approaches to you if and when you meet. Also consider that getting visas for Ukraine spouses or fiancees is a difficult and lengthy process (scan personals in this website).

All this may not be what you wish to hear, but it is the reality at this time.
Old 19th June 2014, 09:29

marconey is on a distinguished road
Gotno Gizmo, Thanks for the reply! I know it's not what I wanted to hear but like you say it is the reality. I very much appreciate your advice. I also noted that the US State Department has a travel advisory against traveling to Eastern Ukraine. I have no immediate plans to go there. I was even considering the extreme of having her go through the refugee process through UNHCR… The other option would be to sponsor her through a K-1 Fiance visa… that would require me to meet her at least once in Ukraine (unless I can prove hardship, contradiction to custom etc.) but whatever it is, I hope I don't lose her!! We have really gotten close in the past month… and we continue to communicate closely. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Is Sverdlovsk a remote area? I wanted to send her flowers and many would not want to go there, party due to the unrest…and others would charge a LOT of moony to deliver.. I had no idea things were that bad. Finally I was able to locate a florist online who was able to deliver. I was excited! She was too.

Anyway, thanks much for the response and advice!
Old 19th June 2014, 10:31

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Lugansk awaits its future

I know little about Sverdlovsk as I have never been there, but you can learn much about it by entering the name in the Google search line. You say you have sent her flowers? I would refrain from this. Some people may object to her being in communication with an American and could intimidate her. This region is becoming more anti-west daily. The Ukrainian TV stations have been removed from terrestrial transmission and have been replaced by Russian channels. Consequently the USA and the EU are now shown as supporters of Kiev and thus facilitators of the Ukraine tanks opening fire on pro-Russian strongholds.

Today, there are no sounds of heavy gunfire so far in Lugansk. I heard that a cease fire had been agreed to enable both sides to recover their dead combatants. However, I would imagine that both sides are taking the opportunity to regroup their positions, to start from a new strongpoint when ready.

There is speculation that the leaders of the Donetsk and Lugansk republics are in contact with Moscow asking President Putin to intervene. There are also reports of heavy armoured columns on the move within Russia towards the Ukraine border. The internet is awash with propaganda and rubbish. According to some ******* who says he is in Canada, I am a ghost. Apparently Lugansk was raised to the ground with its citizens killed by the nazi fascist junta troops from Kiev.