Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Ukrainian boyfriend asking for gift

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11th September 2013, 18:46

Farrieress is on a distinguished road
I met a very nice Ukrainian man through an online chat where I was seeking help with learning Russian. Of course over time the conversation became more on a personal level, and I'm now planning to meet him in a neutral country. Not Ukraine nor USA. Not once has he said anything overtly sexual to me, nor tried to steer the conversations in that direction. On Skype he is also very polite. In my experience, I've not had one American man be able to talk for so long without trying to bring the conversation down to that level.

This fact coupled with what seems to be a strong desire toward family life, has made me consider the possibility of a relationship. Of course I also find him attractive, and he doesn't smoke or drink. He reminds me of what used to be the norm for southern gentlemen. It's very refreshing for me. There's no rush to meet either, we are just enjoying getting to know each other through Skype and chatting. Will be several months before I can take the time to meet, and he is fine with that.

I just wanted to add a positive response reference a Ukrainian man, as I've read some not so good reviews.
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:34

Veshinka is on a distinguished road
Eeeh, darling! I stay with an Ukrainian man living in Italy and with a permanent visa but he never asked me for a gift. On the contrary, it's him to pay 9 times on 10 (ahaha, I am even jobless, olè!).
What you can do is: tell him to have lost your job, tell him that you are desperate coz in some months you will never be able to pay the rent of your house and that you don't plan to marry in your life (so, no visa through marriage for him) and see if he is still interested.

Last edited by Veshinka; 23rd September 2013 at 15:53.