Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Searching for Alya

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16th December 2012, 15:26

tristan.ruark is on a distinguished road
Searching for Alya

In 1998 I visited Odessa as part of 22 Marine Expeditionary Force aboard the USS Austin. I met Alya on the pier. She had long dark hair, snow white skin, piercing eyes, and a beautiful voice. She walked past me and I asked her if she spoke English. She told me she did but she wanted to go and see the battleship that was with our group. Long story short I met back up with her later and got her phone number. The next day we went back out to sea to participate in exercises to assist the Ukraine with their membership into NATO.
After 2 days at sea we ported again in Odessa. I called Alya but she couldn't come to the port because it was late at night, she told me she would meet me the following day with a friend to be introduced to my friend.
We met the next day and she told me that she skipping her English class because she figured she would get a better lesson from me. We toured the city and spent the next two days together. We held hands and walked around the city.
The last night I was there she allowed me to steal a kiss from her. We tried to write each other and e-mail was not as easily accessible to everybody at that time. It was one of the most memorable times in my life and I've thought about her often through out the years. She had dreams of traveling the world, and at the time she was trying to get a visa to attend a concert in Kiev.
Her real name was Sasha but she didn't like the name because it was a boys name, so she went by Alya. I'm hoping that maybe some one knows her and can tell her I'm looking for her. I would just like to talk to her and see what she is doing now. I actually have a picture of us that I will try to post once I find it.

Tags
alya, odessa, sasha