Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Question about Ukrainian men

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 6th November 2012, 12:29

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Seagirl asked "Why is it so hard to bring your fiancee back to the UK or even US? What happens if you were to marry in Ukraine first? Would that help?"
I believe marriage with a Ukrainian and a foreigner is not a quick or easy affair. It requires much presenting of documentation (more if any children are involved), document interpretation and authentication by notaries and a passage of time. This requires several weeks in Ukraine or journeys to and from. Once you are married you must start again the visa application to the UK authorities.

Common reasons for refusal, if the couple have not actually spent several months together: "The relationship is not well enough established". Disparities in age - pointing to the possibility of a marriage of convenience or visa seeking matter. Question about the sponsors ability to support the spouse within the UK (the foreign spouse may not seek employment for the first 6 months), and the sponsor must demonstrate a healthy bank account and legal income. Evidence of suitable housing (preferred evidence of long term and permanent occupancy, not sharing with others etc). The foreign spouse is definitely blighted if they have previously sought and was refused an entry visa as an individual within Britain or another EU country.

I am not unsympathetic to your emotions, but have lost one love affair resulting from British visa refusal, and have given up on the possibility that I could ever take my Ukrainian (second foreign romance) lady to Britain.
In western Ukraine you will see migrating storks nesting on the top of telegraph poles and similar structures. It gives rise to a line from a poem I once wrote: "Storks glide above the trees, how wonderful to have no need of documents to pass these menacing political boundaries". Politics screws up peoples lives big time!
Old 6th November 2012, 19:27

AkMike is on a distinguished road
Immigration happens all the time. I brought my wife intom the US w/o any major effort other than the 6 months to process the paperwork. Same for guys in the UK.

BUT you're getting way ahead of yourself thinking about marriage this early in the game. See if you even like the guy first.

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!
Old 6th November 2012, 21:03

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Visa's are getting harder

AkMike says,

"Immigration happens all the time. I brought my wife into the US w/o any major effort other than the 6 months to process the paperwork. Same for guys in the UK".

How long ago was it you got your wife into the USA? Since the world recession, many countries are clamping down on spousal entry, especially the UK. I'm British, and the detailed advice I give on this matter should not be taken with a piece of salt. Do you imagine that I just make this stuff up as I go along?
Aren't you the same guy that was complaining how difficult it was to get a tourist visit visa for one of your family into the USA not so long ago!
Old 7th November 2012, 00:30

I'm the one!
On a different forum with several Brits I'm repeating what they say.
I did my paperwork about 8 years ago this January. the times and difficulties haven't changed hardy at all for this end,

Many factors are taken into consideration for this including age, personal economic factors. ect.

GG, I don't know any of your stuff to presume to try to second guess.

Old 14th November 2012, 13:04

seagirl is on a distinguished road
Hello Gizmo... Thank you very much for your reply to my quesiton regarding the difficulty in bringing a Ukrainian spouse to the UK. I apologise for taking so long to answer. I had my laptop in shop after experiencing many problems!

So, if I were to bring in a Ukrainian husband even if married in the Ukraine, I will need to support him for a certain amount of time? He is a surgeon in Ukraine..can he not come into the UK working as a doctor? He already has relatives in the UK.. Can they not sponsor him or help him get the needed aproval to aid his entry better than maybe myself? I'm wondering if marrying in Ukraine or the UK is better??

Otherwise, it looks like I could be spending a fair amount of time in Ukraine!!

Are the authorities just somewhat prejudice against Ukrainians, Russians and other eastern europeans coming in?? There are so many Polish working in the UK that it doesn't seem fair.
I'm a dual UK and US citizen, so am wondering if US would be easier for his entry?
Old 14th November 2012, 13:07

seagirl is on a distinguished road
Hello AkMike... I agree with you.. only I don't have access to Wiz Air where I am at the moment. I'm spending my winter in the Caribbean! He is in a small town outside of Kharkov.
Old 14th November 2012, 20:53

Before you jump in with both feet test the waters and visit. There are planes that fly there even from the tropics of the Caribbean.
LOL,they even fly from the arctics of Alaska. I'll be there soon!