Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Age difference between men and women

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:57

LynseyinLondon is on a distinguished road
Fascinating reading all your posts. in fact I am a British woman, late 40's, a little crazy about a Ukrainian of 32 (he lives there, I now live in London). I think your comments and advice apply equally to the opposite male/female situation.
Old 1st October 2012, 16:11

susinha is on a distinguished road
I too totally agee with above advice. It has opened my eyes, I shall take care. After all we must be care full in our every step of life.
Old 22nd July 2013, 15:56

vpdio is on a distinguished road
I've been cooresponding with a woman a lot younger then me for about 7 months. She is 26 and I am 60. I realize that is a HUGE age difference. Per her suggestion we should have a pre-nup since she is not after my money. She sounds/acts very mature for her age and she admitted she wants to leave the Ukraine for a better life. I can't blame her for that. I would want the same thing. She is gainfully employed in the Ukraine and wants to work in the USA once she arrives. We have exchanged a lot of information and I believe she is sincere. I asked very direct questions and she has responded with her own opinions. We don't agree on everything, meaning she isn't saying yes to everything I ask just to relocate to the USA. I hope one day that we are married and I will keep all posted.

I have a friend in the USA that married a woman from the Ukraine 5 years ago. He is 54 and she is now 29 and they are expecting their first child in 3 months. So far everything is working out fine for them. She was a nurse in the Ukraine and went back to nursing school here in the USA for 2 years and is a nurse in a hospital here. So it can work. Make sure you do your due dilligence and exchange a lot of information before traveling half way around the world to meet her.
Old 31st July 2013, 18:46

rcshott is on a distinguished road
You have 3 major considerations;
1. Age difference. (you'll be VERY set in your ways as I am, so you MUST be prepared to bend your own rules. As the male you'll be expected to do so)

2. Culture shock will grip you. Ukraine is an extremely old country & not long released from the grip of communism. Even if your lady lives in USA she will also suffer.

Be prepared to come see how the other half live & meet a few people & get to know something about the country. VERY important.

I came here from Australia & had 5 trips meeting different people & making friends of (my now) wifes' friends before I decided to plant myself here a year ago. Our age difference is 45 & 69 & I learn something new every day.... including how to bend MY rules! BTW it's "Ukraine" not - the Ukraine

Good luck!
Old 26th August 2013, 01:34

nomadic57 is on a distinguished road
Nomadic57

I have personally met up to 14 ladies in person over the last three years as I have been in Ukraine 4 times
I have met ladies aged 21 all the way up to 40 years old , My age being 44 when i first started and now i am 47 Truthfully at first i was cautious , But Some of the Younger ones seemed real enough , There was always a Non Trust factor at first , that lasted only about the 3rd or fourth date with most ladies, hell One girl had me hold her handbag when she went to the ( Potty) restroom, So usually they started to trust you more once they saw you are a gentleman, I truthfully can say i had more attitude from the Older ladies than i did the younger ones especially if I didn,t do what they wanted , they seem a alot more cautious too , i guess they have more of a trust issue due to real life experience , But its hey there loss... not mine

So if age is a concern , dont sweat it.. They do seem very serious .yes they all seem to give the same answer as they want security and stability in a man , and one question i always like to ask a girl "how does there family feel about them meeting such a older man" ... " my family wants me to be happy" it always seemed like the same old programmed answer, THIS IS THE SAME ANSWER FROM 8 LADIES!!!!!!! very strange wouldnt you say.. that always started to send up a flag in my mind ... But another Question is one i liked to ask, such as When i would ask a Translator , about the girl you were meeting with , Like " Does she say anything about me or does she really like me ..etc , The the response was always , She is not my friend , i just work as translator for her,,, STRANGE!!!!!!, especially when they act friendly with each other...

So Yes It is only natural for these ladies to seek a better life , especially if they are a single mother with a child , So Yes i agree , But some of them don't really appreciate what we have to spend and make the effort to come and see them , l Only feel that really irritates me about some of the Younger ones..

In the beginning i met a lady online with the very popular agency , I wont say there name , Well I eventually made the trip to see her, This lady really made a big impression on me while I was there, because she cooked for me almost every day , she made sure i was always comfortable , She was even upset at me one day as to my safety because i left the apartment , because one day her and the translator were late arriving , By Two hours , so i went for a walk around the city of Nikolaev , I mean she really was genuine upset , i had to seriously kiss ass ..LOL , but one factor was her Unwillingness to leave her family when we became serious and decide to start our life together, I explained this was the Overall goal for her , i was willing to give her more time , But under the advice of a friend who was clueless as to what Ukraine ladies are really like , told me to tell her , me or her family ... yeah that worked!!!! that was a True Heart breaker... i really liked her too...

Regardless of age The truth is if you can get them off the dating site , Because if its costing you money to correspond , then do so and set them up in Email , Skype , Messenger , ICQ , what ever is available to you then do it!!!!!! Its worth developing your relationship You will develop your communication tenfold, But if they reject it then they were never serious and the agency was paying them to chat and write replies ....as many of them do... Remember..." THERE ARE SCAMMERS EVEN AT THE LEGIT SITES !!!!! THIS IS A FACT!!!!! "

Well All I can say is dont give up and dont fall in love until you know there real at least until you meet in person, i speak from experience!!! ...It will save you a lot of heart ache guys ... this is only the truth
Old 9th September 2013, 09:47

Terusha is on a distinguished road
Interesting topic, and I would add one more advice : if your have correspondence with a woman from Ukraine by email, just google her email address, if you see some pages about scams, stop immediately and report it to the dating site you are in.
Old 7th August 2014, 20:05

BukiRob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldinho View Post
Hello
I agree that it is risky when you search or start a relationship with a lady with whom the age difference is too high. I tried it one time and I paid the price for it. If she is much younger and especially when she wants to get out from a bad situation, then her motives for choosing a much older man could be wrong. I wrote an article about age differences between a man and a woman, it is too long to place it here, you can read all about it if you go to my website Blog - Dating Women Ukraine
Good luck on the road of love, Ronald
You make all kinds of assumptions about age that are probably not valid. I can give you examples.

Lets take an age difference that is between 0-2 years. You are 27 she is 30 Your response will be no problem they are the same age. Yes but your answer will be likely wrong if haven't factored in what is more important than age. That is what stage of life are you in.

Lets give the rest of the story. He is single, never married no kids 27 She is 30 with a child she had when she was married at 16 and her child is now 14. This could pose a serious problem in the relationship. He has no experience with kids. This means he is used to the idea of going and doing whenever he wants. As a married couple he wont be able to do that with his wife because she has a kid that is going to be a teen in years.

Lets look at example #2 He is 45 and she is 23 You're instinct and rules Too big of an age difference it wont work. In many cases this will likely prove to be true.

However in a case where she is 23 and has a 6 year old and he is 45 has 3 kids from a previous marriage ages 6,7 and 8 those 22 years mean nothing because both people are exactly at the same place in life. Raising young children.

How do I know #2 is right? Because I just described me and my wife we met 10 years ago in Odessa and the problem I had was everyone anywhere near my age had kids that were either in the last 2 years of high school or had just started college and the women were not interested in raising smaller children.

Stage in life compatibility is far, far, far more important than any age difference. Why does the relationship of the man 69 work with his 45 year old wife? Their kids are grown and out of the house and she is "done" with having and raising kids.

Now a 52 year old man who has grown kids dating a 30 year old woman with a 14 year old will likely be a problem because they are not at the same place unless the 52 year old has teenagers.

But the 52 year old who has kids that are grown, married and have their own kids WILL be a problem.... again the 52 year old is a grandfather while his wife is still raising a teenager...

The reason people cite age difference is that in 'most' cases people who are 15 years apart are at very different places in life in terms of the stage of life they are at. Stage of life is the key, not age difference