Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Do western women seek Ukrainian/FSU men?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20th March 2008, 23:32

Zbyszek is on a distinguished road
Spring greetings, Kathy

Hi Kathy, let me understand you. Did you use my regular e-address lech@..... while sending your message?
Old 22nd March 2008, 12:17

Serhii has a spectacular aura aboutSerhii has a spectacular aura aboutSerhii has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
I'm surprised you would use such a vulgar term, as you haven't in the past. But, to each his own. . . . is it a reference to the link, American women, or something else?
Oh, no any serious accusations please. It is a very typical Ukrainian internet jargon word ( rather a construction from three different words). It can be offensive it you take literally and separately. My congratulation on understanding of modern Ukrainian slang ! If you visit Ukr forums you can meet many much more serious ones. I can only imagine what they might be in this case…. Sorry.

I just clicked on the link you advised , and saw I suppose male images and proposals. Almost all of them were about money, property .etc. Perhaps I should have written ‘ Eternal American dream ‘ or one more way to it. Sorry again , I am not American you know...
Old 22nd March 2008, 23:26

Why so serious?

Serhii, may I ask: Why are you so serious? The topic rather light so please keep smiling and abandon an ugly-American-capitalist approach.
Old 23rd March 2008, 18:03

Serhii has a spectacular aura aboutSerhii has a spectacular aura aboutSerhii has a spectacular aura about
Hello Zbyshek , nice to meet you , and of course you may ask me all you want - my pleasure to answer. You know I am having serious problems with the internet and it makes me tooooo serious, not that site. Did you have a look at it ? Very special American humor – nothing more, especially if you know it beforehand . I didn’t. As I am not familiar much with American entertainment it makes me confused sometimes. I do NOT criticize anything /anyone . I simply do not know when to laugh when watching Springer’s / Sasha Baron’s etc. shows. Seems to me that the site is from the same row. I am not prepared. Should I have written ‘Beauty of American humor’ ?

Perhaps we don’t have enough practice . Are you more advanced in Poland ? Don’t think ze jestem stronnikem Samoobrony czy innych durniow – mamy wiele takych samych tu u siebie. Codzienne komedii z wazsego Sejmu czy naszej Rady napewne sa niezrozumiale dlia innych. Wish we had their problems. Mamy co mamy ( = swoje komedii).
Old 24th March 2008, 20:44

Women and politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serhii View Post
Perhaps we don’t have enough practice . Are you more advanced in Poland ? Don’t think ze jestem stronnikem Samoobrony czy innych durniow – mamy wiele takych samych tu u siebie. Codzienne komedii z wazsego Sejmu czy naszej Rady napewne sa niezrozumiale dlia innych. Wish we had their problems. Mamy co mamy ( = swoje komedii).
Hi Serhii, I must admit I did not study that American website thoroughly. Moreover, I do not understand the Ukrainian word you used but, also basing on Kathy's opinion, I assumed you were serious while the topic was not.
I think that the most of psychological female problems are the same or similar regardless of the country, its political system. My country newly embraced market economy with all possible consequence, good or bad. I can not say whether the women are better or worse then. They just try to adapt - it is typical human feature. My general theory is that women are more sensitive and have more to lose in romantic relationship.
Back to your political appendix - the myriad political parties like Samoobrona have been outside our parliament since last elections held in October last year. Now, things are going in definitely better general direction.
Yes, the most of politicians' problems bitterly diverge with public opinion. Luckily, people rejected the terrible twins so that the skies over Poland are clearer now.
I am really surprised you efficiently used Polish - was it cut& paste or something genuine? In the latter case - chapeaux bas!
Old 8th April 2008, 11:30

Hello Zbyszek, couldn’t answer earlier because of terrible connection , but during that time one more romantic story has happened. Clay has recently shared news about his marriage and his bride is from Poland.

I have just excellent friends in England ( mixed Polish-English family) and their son found his wife in Poland as well . On the 12th of April they are having a wedding in a small town in Lublin area ( very close to Ukrainian border). And again it is a romantic story . They are going to live in England and keep relations with Poland. Isn’t it wonderful !

As for my Polish – thank you very much for nice words. For sure I wrote everything by myself. I don’t have any problem with understanding when listen or read but feel some difficulties when speak or write. No any practice you know.
Old 12th April 2008, 11:14

We need inspiration even in the XXIth century

Nice to read the above Serhii. We are here to discuss,to dispute, to quarrel but even while sensing the difference we should appreciate every effort aimed at making our world more friendly.
Marriage of Clay and Diana sets particularly appealing example of being able to love in spite of centuries of history dividing two nations. The words of Ivan Franko come to my mind [Franko was bi-lingual Ukrainian-Polish writer] concerning two nations extremely distant and extremely close.