Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Culture > Language

Notices

most accurate languagr translators

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2014, 02:46

codeseeker62 is on a distinguished road
most accurate languagr translators

Hi, thanks to Igor Voronchak I now have a name and address to a second cousin in the Ukraine. The problem is I don't speak or read Ukrainian, and he doesn't speak or read English. I have used google and Bing translators in the past, the problem is that sometimes the words turn into gibberish when translated. I would like to communicate with my cousin but I don't trust these translation programs to accurately translate my letter to Ukrainian and vice versa for his letters. So my question is what translators does everyone use? Sorry for the winded post.
Richard

Last edited by codeseeker62; 23rd September 2014 at 02:47. Reason: missed some words
Old 23rd September 2014, 02:48

codeseeker62 is on a distinguished road
sorry should read most accurate language translators.
Old 23rd September 2014, 18:08

Hannia will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeseeker62 View Post
Hi, thanks to Igor Voronchak I now have a name and address to a second cousin in the Ukraine. The problem is I don't speak or read Ukrainian, and he doesn't speak or read English. I have used google and Bing translators in the past, the problem is that sometimes the words turn into gibberish when translated. I would like to communicate with my cousin but I don't trust these translation programs to accurately translate my letter to Ukrainian and vice versa for his letters. So my question is what translators does everyone use?
Hello Richard.

Personally I think the Bing Translator is a notch better than Google. It's not the Cyrillic alphabet, but the grammar that confuses the automatic online translation. It would help a little, if you understood how the grammar works. Don't be afraid of the language. Keep in mind it is part of your DNA.

Ukrainian Grammar — The place to learn Ukrainian language

Additionally, when writing a personal letter, use simple sentences, making it easier for the machine to translate it.

Another option is get some native help w/translation. Ukraine is experiencing high unemployment, but the children still need to eat. You can negotiate reasonable rates and have perfectly translated letters, coming and going.
===========
A different language is a different vision of life. ~ Fellini

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp