Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Genealogy

Notices

Village History

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th January 2005, 07:15

Hannia will become famous soon enough
As per Ellis island Records, Grandmother Tekla's surname was poorly transliterated and badly written by ship's clerk.

She appears as Tekla VARARKIEWICZ, Ruthenian, 18 yrs old,a maid, arriving 12/8/13 on the SS Prinz Fr. Wilhelm. Bremen, Germany was her port of departure. She was meeting up w/a friend, Kasia Pelczarka, residing at 180 2nd Avenue (NYC). Tekla was coming from Ubinic???, leaving her mother, Marya Nazarkiewicz, behind in village.

http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_... men&line=0012
Old 9th January 2005, 07:51

kcsped
thanks

Yes that is her it took me so many years as a reault of
1.My in experience in research thought spelling should be
only as i knew it.
2. Uncle Walter stated that she came into Philadelphia,
Boston several years later. Stated was reported on FBI reports. He had a top secret clearance. Just found out that she came into New York first, they thought she would have been indigent and i think sent her to bosten. Have Been in Fort Wanye several times for weeks reading Ships manifest never found her.

Found Kasia (friend) but she declined I do not know why as of yet. but kasia sister and 4 more friends came in 1913 from Ubanie, I have just in the last few weeks found grandmother so am continuing looking for others from same village for info. Grandpa found him from ostrow? have not looked at for little bit i remember 5 people came from there. oneschuk (sp). Other grandparents (jewish) ame over from kharliv in 1904,1905
Have information coming so that is on hold while I get original marriage licence from aunt.
I can not tell you haow much i appreate the aid. I have as a result of them hiding a huge lack. Finding the research has given me the unerstanding of them and why they may have not spoken about issues

Are you good at reading thease ship manifest?
Old 9th January 2005, 08:04

More Ubinie emigrants

I did find Kaska Pelczarska (mother Anna) , traveling w/Cyril (probably Kyril) Rak. Kyril's mother was Kaska. Both were coming from Ubin and meeting up w/Stefan Junik residing at 419 Houston Street. Stefan arrived in 3/28/1911. He was also from Ubinie. His father's name was Jan Jusnik. Stefan was a tailor and was meeting up w/brother in law Michal Gawrowski or Yawrowski??? residing at 219 East Houston Street.

Old 9th January 2005, 09:02

Grandfather???

Does selo Ostrowchane ring a bell >Kamenets Podolskij district >Podolsk Gubernia> Czarist Russia?

My guess is that is where Iwan Onesczuk was from.

What is Grandfather's full name?

Old 10th January 2005, 05:44

kcsped
Thanks for all the heloright now i amchecking all the people that left Ubaine. Seems like quite a few considering how small the village appears. Hanna if you could read and help me figure out who Abram Pinkowsky came to see It was his brother in law on 198 moore st( i think)
march 15 1904. This would have been where my aunts went to live when his wife passed away in 1920. I can not fiigure out the name to fine them. Ethel, rachel, lilly came in 1905.

I havebeen to grandpa's village or where they are now when i was a little girl in 1960/ they live in Anatolya now.

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/sh...2ETIF&fromEI=1
Old 10th January 2005, 06:13

I am more than happy to help, but it will have to wait just a little bit. I need to get Brad started.
Old 10th January 2005, 15:29

vivandr
Hello Hania and Dora,

Concerning village Ubyni, it is officially in Kamianka Buska district. It follows from that web site that I provided above about Kamianka Buska. Also nearby villages Banjunyn, Didyliv are from that district.

Dora, if you would need somebody researching documents for the village in Lviv historic archive, or going to the village to find out if some family members are still living there, please write me to vivandr@brandeis.edu.

Vitaliy