Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Genealogy

Notices

Stare Siolo , Sucha Wola , Oles, Lubaczow area

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21st February 2004, 13:13

Hannia will become famous soon enough
If ancestors did not come thru Ellis Island

Convert the surname you are researching to SOUNDEX CODE and run a Soundex search for Immigration Records. Records available on film thru LDS or NARA and neither are expensive.

CIMO - Cimorelli Immigration Manifests Online
http://www.cimorelli.com/safe/shipmenu.htm
Old 24th February 2004, 03:47

John_Demczyk
Lamm:

I have gone through the records that I have on hand and summarised the data I have for Gancarz and Symko in an Excel spreadsheet. I found 13 birth records, 11 marriage records, and 2 death records that may be of interest to you. I transcribed to the best of my ability, and noted each entry with the film and item # as a source. Send me an e-mail at demczykgenea@rogers.com and I can send the spreadsheet to you. If you prefer a PDF file, I can produce that as well, just let me know.

Yakimicki1:

LDS film #2003196 is probably the one you are interested in to trace the Ruczkal and Osiowy lines. It is difficult to find a page in these records that do not mention these names. However, I do not see Jakimicha anywhere. They may be on film 2003194, which seemed to have more Greek Catholic records on them. I did not get alot of time to explore that film. 2003197 also had alot of data for Stare Siolo, but again, I did not dig too deep into that film either. Which films did you order? I plan to extract all Ruczkal and Osiowy data I have on hand from file 2003196, and am willing to share with you when I am done, however, this is lower on my priority list. I have traced this part of my tree back to the mid 1700's and now want to concentrate on my fathers line.

I did some quick scans through the records I have for Stephan Ruczkal and Teresa Osiowy, but could not find anything. Would they have been born in the late 1800's, perhaps 1875-1900 era? If so, film 2003196 items 3 and 4 would be a good place to start to find birth records for them. I have very little data for that period.

Good luck all,
John
Old 24th February 2004, 04:59

yakimicki1
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info! I would also like to recieve the info you have on Gancarz and Symko's. They are both in my tree. Symko was the last name of my great great great grandmother. Either excel or pdf is fine with me. I have a broadband connection on this end too, so the size of whatever is not a problem.
I don't have the film numbers that I ordered at hand right now, but i believe they are 2003194 20003193 and 2003192. I'm not positive on those, but it looks right.
Stephan Ruczkal and Teresa Osiowy: not sure on the birthyears, but they were my great grandfathers maternal grandparents. He was born around the mid 1880's, so that would probably put them born in the second quarter of the 1800's.... maybe 1840's.

Thanks,
Joe Yakimicki
Old 25th February 2004, 16:54

lamm
Hannia,

I have seemed to misplaced my correspondence binder, but off the top of my head, my cousin's surname is Mekh/Mech, and he mentioned his wifes family: Semovich. I will continue searching
Old 28th February 2004, 07:04

John_Demczyk
For anyone that is interested, I have posted a pdf file of the transcription of occurences of Gancarz, Symko, and Mazur from the portions of LDS film 2003196 that I have at the following address:

http://members.rogers.com/demczykgen...iles/index.htm
Old 17th March 2004, 22:15

onyszczuk
I have done some research on the LDS files on Stare Siolo, Sucha Wola in the Lubaczow area. If you have Word, there are two word documents with some of my research. They focus on the names Gosko and Bujaszek (Boyachuk).

I hope this helps. I noticed there were references to Mech in some of the files that I referenced.

Please contact me at: jodanji@aci.on.ca
and I'll send you the attachments.

Regards
Jim Onyschuk
Old 21st July 2005, 20:23
Former Member

Woroniak
Village of Lupina

To lamm
My mother's surname was Woroniak before she married. She came from the village of Lupina.