Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Genealogy

Notices

Someone, please help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th June 2018, 08:58

sylvie is on a distinguished road
Someone, please help!

I recommended this forum to someone that needs assistance with translating an Ukrainian message. I suggested Hannia. She contacted me again, as she is having this problem.
Quote:
"I joined the Ukraine.com group but I am unable to post any threads. For the past 4 days the site says I am in queue awaiting administrator permission. My emails to the site's "contact us" keep bouncing." Is she doing something wrong?

I tried to submit the item, but was unable to. Apparently I just do not know how. It said that the PNG Image had the incorrect file extension.
Old 10th June 2018, 06:14

Hannia will become famous soon enough
Hello Silvie, Stefko once told me that many try registering w/o clicking on to their activation email sent to their address.

Registration

The administrator will probably require you to register in order to use all the features of the forum. Being registered gives you an identity on the board, a fixed username on all messages you post and an online public profile.

Registration is free (unless otherwise specified), and offers an extended range of features, including:

Posting new threads
Replying to other peoples' threads
Editing your posts
Receiving email notification of replies to posts and threads you specify
Sending private messages to other members
Creating albums of pictures and comment on others' pictures
Adding events to the forum calendar
Setting up a 'contact list' to quickly see which of your friends are online.

How do I register?

You register by clicking on the 'Register' link near the top of the page. You will be asked to choose a user name, password and enter a valid email address. In addition there will be some other fields to which you will be invited to respond. Some will be mandatory while others are optional. Once this is complete you will either be fully registered, or in some cases you may have to click on a link in an 'activation email' sent to your email address. Once you have done this you will be registered.

Note that entering your email address will not leave you open to 'spam', as you can choose to hide it from other board users. You'll probably be able to allow other registered users to contact you via email, but the system won't display your email address to them unless you give permission.

If you are under the age of 13, the administrator may require that a parent or guardian provide consent before allowing you to complete the registration process. More information about this is available during the registration process. http://www.ukraine.com/forums/faq.ph...q_vb3_register

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp
Old 10th June 2018, 23:21

Hi Hannia,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I sent Debra your message... actually, I just found out that there may be others that have had difficulty registering. Thank again!
Old 11th June 2018, 06:00

Hanna,
It just is not working for Debra. This is the message I received from her after sending her your message.
QUOTE:
"Sylvia,
Thank you for your help with this forum. I did do this and I have an account and got an email with an activation code that I put in by cutting and pasting. When I log in and try to start a new thread in the genealogy forum this is the message I get:"

"glenhomer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

This is as far as I can get.
Debra
Old 11th June 2018, 18:34

rwf is on a distinguished road
Ukraine.com has not been accepting/activating new registrations since 2015, for reasons unknown. I consider this a "dead" site and no longer refer others, as it is an exercise in futility and a source of frustration.

However, there is a lot of excellent archived material that a non-member can access without the need to register. They just won't be able to post new inquiries.

Richard

Φ!
Old 11th June 2018, 20:03

Thank you, Richard!