Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Genealogy

Notices

I am done, finished, can't do it anymore

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1st April 2015, 19:37

mprima is on a distinguished road
I am done, finished, can't do it anymore

I need one more person to research and I am finished with my family, but I can't. I can't find him anywhere. LDS does not have his village filmed, there's nothing. There is no sign of him, his people or village anywhere.
The village I need is Hlyboka which is just south of Lesivka and north of Hlybivka. All I need is his marriage record and the gates will be opened. It's time to write to the Archives. Hannia or Ihor, which Archive do you think is best to write to, Ivano Frankivsk, Lviv or somewhere else? And speaking of the Archives, will they ever let us view the films on Family Search website. Many county's films can be viewed online through LDS, but no, not Ukraine.
Old 1st April 2015, 21:05

Hannia will become famous soon enough
Marya.

Of course selo Hlyboka (translates to DEEP) is still there.

( ).There are currently 1,500+ residents living there. It's a common name for a mountain village. The church in the photo was built in the nineties.

Глибока (Богородчанський район) — Вікіпедія
---------------------------

There had been a wooden GC church (St. Dmytro) there. It was built in 1902 and was destroyed in 1943 when the Ukrainian Partisans were fighting the Red Army there. It's probably why you are having such a problem. I can call the Hlyboka adm ofc tomorrow and ask about old church registers. Maybe they are still in the village. During the war the old babas of the village knew well enough to hide everything that had been in the church before any Russian onslaught. Keep your fingers crossed.

What time frame are you researching?

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Last edited by Hannia; 2nd April 2015 at 13:43.
Old 1st April 2015, 22:57

Hello Hannia, nice to her from you. I am looking for my grandfather Vasil Pryjmak. He was born in Hlyboki between 1900 and 1905.
Between 1920 and 1925 he married Catherine Demianyk from Lesivka.
Vasil was my mother's father. She thinks his parents were killed leaving him orphaned. From what you said about the village, it seems possible. Thank you for your help, Maria
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:00

Marya.

I am having a problem w/phone number for Hlyboka's Mayor Nadya Tymkiv. I am in New York City and unfortunately I have an appt this morning. Will try again tomorrow AM. Глибоківська сільська рада (Богородчанський район) — Вікіпедія

æ, !

Old 2nd April 2015, 14:06

Hannia, you're in NYC, my home town. Have fun but be careful. Talk to you when you get home. Thank you again, Maria
Old 2nd April 2015, 15:27

matera is on a distinguished road
Hi Hannia and Maria,

I have checked the availability of Hlyboka St. Dmytro GC records in Ivano-Frankivsk: there are no any.
Since Hannia says the church was built in 1902, I had hope that the town used to belong to another parish before and there's still a chance to find the birth record of your grandfather (2 years: 1900-1902, you say he was born between 1900-1905). I have checked schematisms and I see that Glebokie (Hlyboka) St. Dmytro parish existed before 1902. Thus, no any metric records can be found in Ivano-Frankivsk.

BUT

Maria, you say that the marriage took place in 1920-1925 and your grandmother was from Lesivka. There"s St. Peter and Paul's GC church there and this is where the marriage must have been registered.
Lesivka records available in Ivano-Frankivsk Archives date to:
- birth: 1784–1831, 1831–1855, 1855–1889, 1835–1887
- marriage: 1784–1888, 1888–1907, 1835–1887
- death: 1835–1887, 1784–1880, 1873–1907
It is a good chance to trace your grandmother's ancestry back.
Yes, they were filmed by LDS and you have most probably researched them already.

Lesivka marriage records since 1920s can be in Bohorodychany CRO.

Regards,
Andriy
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:02

Marya, tomorrow I'll try calling Hlyboka again.

Andriy and Ihor, very credible native researchers, are both telling you to make an inquiry at Bohorodczany RAHS. You will need to create a PRIVACY RELEASE and then via snail mail submit your request thru the Ministry of Justice > Civilian Registration. I not only have all the RAHS addresses, but I also have the antheka (privacy release) copy you'll need. Let's just wait another day...
=========
Where do you live now?

æ, !