Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Genealogy

Notices

Family Dubnikov in Kiev

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th March 2011, 00:27

triskell is on a distinguished road
Smile Family Dubnikov in Kiev

my grand-father Itsko Dubnikov was born in Kiev on 05 december 1871 and arrived in France in 1889.
I thought my great-grand father was also born in Kiev,but on his death certificate,in France, it is written: born
in HASKWER , i am unable to find this village.
My great-grand uncle, Moise, brother of my grand father lived in Alexandrovski and his children are born in Mogilev,in 1878.
As my grand father was from Kiev, my great grand mother was born in Berdichev, i thought they were all from
Ukrain, but i was told there are two Mogilev, one in Ukrain , the other in Belarus.
On differents forums, i saw some Dubnikov, or Dubnik, or Dubinkov, but they came from Mogilev Belarus and
said it is impossible we are relatives, if my family comes from Ukrain.

I think, the most important is to know where is that village HASKWER, so i could have archives. i am the last
Dubnikov in France, and want to find my family.
My grand mother's name was Elka Ziman( from Lituania), my great-grand mother was Anna Guitman or Guilman
from Berdichev.
Thank you for your help,

Triskell
Old 30th March 2011, 01:48

Hannia will become famous soon enough
This link will explain the necessity of Jewish migration in the Russian Empire. Start here and I will take a look around for your village/town in the Kyevskaya gubernia/region > Tsarist Russia.

Dubnikov is surname taken in town Dubno???? The main trade fair was moved from Dubno to Kyiv, and Jews followed.

YIVO | Pale of Settlement

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp
Old 30th March 2011, 08:00

Serhii has a spectacular aura aboutSerhii has a spectacular aura aboutSerhii has a spectacular aura about
I remember a year ( or two years ) ago an interesting discussion on this board. A man from England came to visit his relatives. He was in Berdichev and met local rabbi and all Jewish community there. he received much information. You mentioned Berdichev as birth place of your great-grand- mother . I think you could find that page and contact him ( or write directly to that rabbi.).

As for Mogilev , there can be even more such small towns , villages. I know famous village of Mogilev in Cherkasy oblast. It had a great Jewish community in the past .

Good luck and hello from Ukraine !
Old 30th March 2011, 21:48

SurnameIndex is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by triskell View Post
My great-grand uncle, Moise, brother of my grand father lived in Alexandrovski and his children are born in Mogilev,in 1878.
Triskell
I would start confirming information whenever possible. For example, births in Mogilev in 1878. You never know what records might reveal and what else could be found.

Film 1920798 - Jewish Congregation. Mogilev - V. 3362-1/7 1875 Births -- V. 3362-1/8 1878, 1877, 1876, 1875 Deaths -- V. 3362-1/9 1876-1878 Births -- V. 3362-1/10 1879-1880 Births.
Old 30th March 2011, 22:08

triskell is on a distinguished road
Family Dubnikov in Kiev

Thank you Hannia and Sergii for answering so quickly,
of course,i shall contact the Rabbi from Berdichev, i have just the year of my great-grand mother 's birth.
and forename her father:Abraham.
For my name Dubnikov, do you think there are many persons with that name in Ukrain?

Thanks and hello from Britain.
Old 31st March 2011, 03:35

Hannia will become famous soon enough
Alexandrovski > Mstislavl uezd county > Mogilev gubernia/governate/region > Czarist Russia > TODAY BELARUS

Surname, . would those films cover the county above?

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp
Old 31st March 2011, 14:29

SurnameIndex is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannia View Post
Alexandrovski > Mstislavl uezd county > Mogilev gubernia/governate/region > Czarist Russia > TODAY BELARUS
Surname, . would those films cover the county above?
It will not, at least according to the description of the film. I can't find any type of records for Mstislav uezd in Family History Library Catalog. However, it not uncommon to register births in closest largest city/town (not to mention that copies of local records were supposed to be sent there). So if lucky enough, Alexandrovski births can also be found there in addition to Mogilev ones.