Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Genealogy

Notices

Potochyska - Woloszczuk

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:49

Location: Born and raised in Sudbury Ontario and lived mostly in Ottawa, Toronto and Michigan (USA) in my adult life
rwoloschuk is on a distinguished road
Hello William
I hadn't signed onto this forum lately, but after receiving an email today from Sandra Chmara today asking our possible connections between families from Potochysche, I signed on to review my posts and then discovered this post from you. Glad to make your acquaintance. Yes, all the family names you mentioned are familiar to me. I knew your mother as she and I worked together for a couple of years in the 1960's at Pioneer Manor. I believe she was a nurse. I had a part-time job as a high school student there washing floors. I liked your mom - she was always kind and pleasant with me. I think I saw her the last time with your older brother Roman at a funeral fro Wasyl Prociuk several years ago. Coimcidently, Wasyl Prociuk's oldest son Ihor and I are now house-mates in a house in Toronto which e rented from a buddy of mine from Sudbury. Ihor had recently sold his own house and was looking for a place to rent, and i was looking to have a residence in Toronto at the same time. It just so happened my buddy Jim had a vacancy n a house he owned and so here we are.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if you or your family know of the Chmara family from Potoschysche. Upon receiving Sandra Chmara's email, I thought about the name but came up with a blank and was unable to help her.

Have you done much genealogical research. I am interested in hearing about anything you may have, especially any connections between your family and that of my father's.

Richard
Old 21st March 2017, 20:44

Location: Born and raised in Sudbury Ontario and lived mostly in Ottawa, Toronto and Michigan (USA) in my adult life
rwoloschuk is on a distinguished road
Hi William

I haven't visited this site for a couple of years, and just came upon your message. I remember your family from Sudbury, especially your brother Roman and your mother, with whom I worked at Pioneer manor. I was 16 and had a part-time job washing floors. Your mother was very kind to me.

I attended a funeral for a Prociuk nearby in Oakville a few years past and I believe your mom and one of your brothers was there. We spoke briefly.

Anyway, I'd like to connect with you and share notes about our families and ancestors. Not sure if we're related but probably distantly. It sounds like everyone from that village has some form of connection to everyone else.

How is your mom doing? I am living in Toronto now and could visit her if she's up to it.

Richard