Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Genealogy

Notices

Yaremchuk

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th November 2012, 04:23

CYaremchuk is on a distinguished road
Hey, email would be great, I'm always so busy with stuff I tend to forget to come back here to check on things that often. What a great coincidence I decided to check today.

I think I might have IMd you my email but in case I didn't, cyaremchuk@gmail.com

As far as the brother in law goes, I suppose he could have just put that, might have been a little different back then too,but my understanding is a brother/sister-in-law would either be

a) the brother/sister of your spouse... and
b) the spouse of that person

in this case elizabeth would have been hryns sister-in-law and michael would have been his brother-in-law, but elizabeths brothers and sisters wouldn't have been. At least the way I understand it, but like I said, could have been a little different back then. Why I'm thinking he must have been married to a sister of hryn is because I would assume they would have been living around the same places, plus even when I go back to my gidos generation hes got cousins/siblings that are/were married to my babas cousins/siblings. Plus I'm just hoping to make a break on the Yaremchuk side of things
Old 20th March 2015, 15:57

Nini.S is on a distinguished road
Yaremchuk family

Good morning all, I discovered this forum last night and I'm so excited that I did. My name is Nicole, I am granddaughter of Anne, great grand daughter of Hren and Pauline. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can about this branch in my family tree. My Baba was a young girl when her parents passed away, and sadly she never spoke much about them, we have very limited info about her parents. I do however know where they are both buried, it is a little country cemetery north of Innisfree Alberta called Bushland. A cousin from my fathers family, farms a piece of land that has been in his family for years, his family has, according to him always called it the Yaremchuk Homestead. It has the cutest little house, the roof has partially collapsed but the walls are still standing. Oh and I have a picture of Baba Pauline.
I can be reached on Facebook, and messenger, as well as by e-mail at Nicole.sarafinchan@yahoo.com
Thanks all, Nicole Sarafinchan
Old 20th March 2015, 16:17

Hannia will become famous soon enough
Hren and Pauline - most likely Hryn/Hrynko (nicknames for Gregory - Hryhoriy in Ukrainian) and Pawlina (or possibly anglicized from Parania???) Yaremchuk - Yaremczuk - Jaremchuk - Jaremczuk

====================
FYI Rychicice (today
ަ in Ukrainian) was hamlet size and predominantly Polish w/its own RC Church. The filial Greek Catholic Parish was in Wacowice. Drogobycz (Drohobych) was both powiat and gmina. Immigrants frequently referred to their district centers as place of origin for geographic reference, because their own villages were small.

LDS Films available:
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/results?count=20&query=%2Bkeywords%3AWacowice

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Last edited by Hannia; 20th March 2015 at 17:19.

Tags
canada, drohobycj, ewanciw, genealogy, yaremchuk