Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Genealogy

Notices

Tychynski from Lviv

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th July 2011, 06:09

sylvie is on a distinguished road
Great .... way to go!

I also have a phone directory for Horodenka and area. This is the area my parents came from, and I have been there many times. There are still two or three Baszczyk families living in Horodenka, and quite a few of them in the village of Yaseniv-Pilnyi, which is situated in the Horodenka district. There is also a K.I. Tychynska (fem.) listed in the Horodenka directory, and a few Tychynskyi families in Yaseniv-Pilnyi.
Old 1st August 2011, 04:10

karolina is on a distinguished road
Thank you Sylvie. I am really excited about this find! My sisters and I are thinking we would like to plan a trip to go visit with the possibility of having our father travel with us.
Old 1st August 2011, 07:10

Karolina,

I am excited for you!

Before you plan a trip to Horodenka or Yaseniv-Pilnyi, I suggest you write a few letters, or phone to find out whether they are indeed your family. I can supply you with names, phone numbers and/or addresses.

Another suggestion is to check the records through LDS for Horodenka and/or Yaseniv-Pilnyi, to see whether they are relatives. Quite often the same family name in a village/town may not be related, especially in a town like Horodenka, with a population of 9500. Even Yaseniv-Pilnyi has a population of 3300.

Let me know what you decide. Are you aiming for both Horodenka and Yaseniv-Pilnyi?

Available LDS Files:
Metrical Metrical books, 1784-1927 Greek Catholic Church. Horodenka (Horodenka)
Metrical books, 1776-1922 Roman Catholic Church. Horodenka (Horodenka)
Metrical books, 1840-1904 Greek Catholic Church. Jasienów Polny - Iaseniv-Pilnyi (Horodenka)
Old 12th August 2011, 16:59

karolina is on a distinguished road
Hi Sylvie,
We are in the talking stages of traveling over to Horodenka, and we would definitely be interested if there are leads in Yaseniv-Pilnyi.. I will do the research and see what I can find out. My sisters and I are so excited about the possibilities as my grandfather was a really great man and was adored by his grandchildren. Thank you for your time in helping me with my research.
Old 12th August 2011, 18:38

Marcia Feinberg is on a distinguished road
Hello Karolina

Hello Karolina,
Coincidentally my grandfather's last name was Baszczuk. He was from Jasienow Polny, between Horodenka and Kolomyya (Kolomea???)....
I am looking up his parents currently. He came over in 1915, 1st to Canada and then to Rhode Island. Maybe we are related! Marcia
Old 12th August 2011, 18:43

Marcia Feinberg is on a distinguished road
Baszczuk

Hello Sylvie and Karolina,
That settles it! We are definitively related via the Baszczuks as my grandfather and his family were from Jasienow Polny (and the modern way you write this town's name). I live in Massachusetts. I have a photo of the great grandparents and daughter. Marcia
Old 13th August 2011, 02:01

Marcia,

As I mentioned earlier to Karolina, there are many Bashchuk (Ukr.); Baszczuk (Pol.) () families in the village of Yaseniv-Pilnyi (Φ-). Two of the oldest are/were, Stepan, son of Petro (Peter), born 1921Mykhailo (Michael), son of Ivan (John), born 1929. Did your grandfather have brothers by the name of Petro and Ivan (proonunced Ya-van).