Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Genealogy

Notices

Looking for Fedyna and Kasha families

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25th May 2010, 19:17

Hannia will become famous soon enough
Wow, you are making impressive progress. Good job !!!

Re Marya Kasha:

This is all I could find, which is 20 yrs shy of when she was born.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Title
Metrical books, 1786-1851

Authors
Greek Catholic Church. Nowoszyce (Łąka) (Main Author)

Notes
Microreproduction of original manuscripts at the Central State Historical Archives of Ukraine in L′viv.
Greek Catholic Church records (births, marriages, deaths) for Nowoszyce (Łąka), Galizien, Austria; later Nowoszyce (Sambor), Lwów, Poland; now Novoshychi, Drohobych, L′viv, Ukraine. Text in Latin.
Record group 201, series 4A, files 4158-4161.
For some years the records of this locality are mixed with the records of other localities.

Subjects
Austria, Galizien, Nowoszyce (Łąka) - Church records
Poland, Lwów, Nowoszyce (Sambor) - Church records
, צ, , ަ - Φ
Ukraine, L′viv, Drohobych, Novoshychi - Church records

Format
Manuscript (On Film)

Language
Latin

Publication
Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 2002

Physical
on 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm.

Film Notes
Note - Location [Film]
Volume 201-4A/4158 Marriages, deaths 1786-1841 - VAULT INTL Film [ 2343839 Item 2 ]
Volume 201-4A/4159 Births 1786-1841 (p. 84-148) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2343839 Item 3 ]
Volume 201-4A/4160 Births 1841 -- Births, marriages, deaths 1843-1844 (p. 1-25; includes other localities) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2343839 Item 4 ]
Volume 201-4A/4161 Marriages 1845 -- Births, marriages, deaths 1846-1851 (includes other localities) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2343839 Item 5 ]
____________________________________________________________________________________
Consider hiring IreneLviv to fill in this gap for you. She has access to Lviv Archives. Her work is exc and her rates are very fair. She could just fill in the gap (Marya and her siblings + parents' marriage) and then you do the rest. In order to contact her, click on to her name in any of the posts and leave a message for her in Private Message Box.

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Last edited by Hannia; 25th May 2010 at 19:56.
Old 9th October 2012, 13:06

helenaKC is on a distinguished road
Fedyna

Hi I know of some Fedyna's who live in Perth Australia, came out after WW2.
Old 25th May 2013, 14:58

efc3011 is on a distinguished road
Fedyna

Hi Helena,
I just came upon your post this morning. Please let me know how I can find out more about the Fedynas in Australia!

Many thanks!
Old 11th April 2016, 18:56

Hello Elaine. It's been a while. Received your PM. My box gets filled up daily. It's next to impossible to stay ahead of it. I hope you do not mind that I responded in the forum. THIS NOTE IS WONDERFUL!!!

Subject: ! . .ަ . . 10-. ̦ ަ . Φ צ, Φ , Φ . ̦ Ҧ

צ . Ц . 38 0673097300 Viber, Feiceebuk. .צ . Φ!
-------------------------------------
TRANSLATION:
Glory be to Jesus Christ! Mrs. Elaine, I, Otets/Reverend Vasyl Polyanko, am writing you from selo/village Novoshytsi. I have been the parish priest for villages Novoshytsi and Bystrytsi for the last ten yrs. Luckily I was able to find the technically lost church registers for our village. I will attempt to research information re your Grandmother (BABTSYA) Marya.

Currently the village is preparing Easter baskets for our soldiers, which we will also deliver. I will also offer our soldiers confession. After Easter (this yr it's May 1) I will be able to direct my attention to your request. (He offers you his phone number. He is also available on Facebook.) With great respect, Otets Vasyl Polyanko. Glory to Ukraine !
=======================
Elaine, I take it you do not speak Ukrainian???

First of all, I have a suggestion. Western Union a small donation to the church for their Easter basket effort.
If you do it thru MEEST Money Transfer, they will deliver (American or Canadian dollars) cash to Otets Vasyl in the village. A small amt will go a long way. The hryvnia is very devalued.
Ukraine » Meest America Inc. Delivery of parcels and cargo. Transportation by sea and by air.

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Last edited by Hannia; 11th April 2016 at 19:21.
Old 12th April 2016, 20:20

Email from Novoshychi

Hannia,
Thank you!! This is so exciting. I found the address of the church on Google maps, not knowing whether it was a ruin, or an active parish. And no, I don't speak Ukrainian! So I wrote a letter and had it translated into Cyrillic using an online service. It cost $40! Postage was only $1.15.
Rev. Polyanko sent 3 photos with the email. One was a picture of him holding 3 old record books! I don't want to post his picture publicly, but I will try to attach the other two.
Thank you for the link to MEEST. I will definitely use it to send money. I will let you know how this progresses.

Again, Hannia, thank you for your continuing help! You make so many of us happy with the work you do!

Elaine
Attached Thumbnails
looking-fedyna-kasha-families-close-up-metrical-book-novoshychi-1868-1902.jpg   looking-fedyna-kasha-families-picture-2-pages-book-shows-marya-but-not-kasza.jpg  
Old 15th June 2017, 20:08

Smile Fedyna/Kasza Families Novoshychi

Hi Hannia,
It's been over a year since I last posted and haven't gotten any further in my search for the ancestors of Grandmother Marya Kasza. Otets Polyanko didn't find her in the books he located. I also used a researcher whom a friend recommended (Victor Kuzio), and although he found a few Kaszas they predated Marya.

I'd like to make one more attempt. You had mentioned in one of your postings that there were still a few Fedynas in Novoshychi. How did you find that information? Are there still Kaszas residing there? Do you have anymore detail like first names, or addresses? I would like to write to them and see if they know anything about their past generations.

I guess I could take another "shot in the dark" and write letters care of the Post Office. Please let me know what you think.

Many thanks,
Elaine
Old 19th June 2017, 03:36

1991-07-30
Fedyna Iryna daughter of Myhailo
1959-12-09 24
Fedyna Nadia daughter of Yaroslav
1984-12-09 2
Fedyna Andriy son of Myhailo
1959-08-19
Fedyna Myhailo son of Stefan
====================================

Copy address per person as is. Good Luck!

ަ .

צ 82122
- UKRAINE

ަ . 24

צ 82122
- UKRAINE

Ҧ .
ަ . 2

צ 82122
- UKRAINE

ަ .

צ 82122