Notices

Pavlokoma Families

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4th March 2010, 10:16

Hannia will become famous soon enough
Deported lemko (ukrainian minority) families information
Old 8th March 2010, 02:54

Tempo is on a distinguished road
Thank Hannia. You must be a mind reader. I have just started to turn my attention to
tracking down Pavlokoma victims of the Nazi and NKVD a few days before your posts . The sites you high lighted the past few days have been helpful. The one below has also been extremely helpful:

straty

My grandfather (Petrovych) (Petrowicz) mothers name was (Koshtovs"ka) (Kosztowska). There are Petrovych and Koshtovs"ka names on the list. The name Jan Kosztowska keeps popping up on census and ship records as well. One of the folks that my grandfather sent money to in 1908 was a Jan Kosztowska. All I need to do now is to figure out if we are related somehow.

I did find the father of Prof. P.J. Potichnyj among the NKVD victims.
Tempo
Old 28th July 2015, 09:57

genresearch2 is on a distinguished road
I am not sure if this will help, but I saw a post on ancestry.com that states:

"Lenius' gazetteer identifies the Roman Catholic parish as being Dylagowa, and the Greek Catholic parish as Pawlokoma"

Message Boards

I am also looking for my family from Pawlokoma. I believe mine were Roman Catholic so I am going to look in the Dylagowa Parish.
Old 28th July 2015, 14:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by genresearch2 View Post
"Lenius' gazetteer identifies the Roman Catholic parish as being Dylagowa, and the Greek Catholic parish as Pawlokoma"
Pawlokoma was predominantly a Ruthenian/Ukrainian village w/its own GC parish. This is one of the villages where a Polish massacre of most Ukrainian residents took place. Check Tempo's newer posts.

Endnotes for Lenius' gazetteer also indicate that information for Dylogowa may be listed incorrectly - for both RC and GC parish registers. This info is as per 1914 (BIGO) gazetteer.

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp
Old 28th July 2015, 17:16

Hi Hannia

You must be physic, I am getting ready to visit Toronto area next week to meet with several survivors of the Pavlokoma massacre, including Professor Potichnyj. Thanks to you I was able to find excellent cadastral map and vital records on the Przemyl Archive site. What a treasure trove of information!

I had the 9 section cadastral map digitally pieced together and commercially printed on large format -ca 4x5 feet. The 1852 map is in color as are most of the maps on the Przemyl site and the Pavlokoma map includes house numbers.

Are there any other Ukraine. com members in the Toronto area?

Tempo
Old 28th July 2015, 17:51

Tempo,

Are you considering putting a book together?
=============================
Off the top of my head there are two forum members, who live in Toronto, that come to mind immediately:

zarjacks = Ruth
rwf = Richard

Any Torontians I might have forgotten - please contact Tempo by PM !

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp
Old 28th July 2015, 18:38

A couple of books are on the horizon - I have extensive interview notes recorded over the last 4-5 years of 2 survivors. Much has been written about the March 3 massacre. I am trying to focus more on what it was like growing up as young girls in Pavlokoma in the 1930s and beyond.

I also created the Pavlokoma Diaspora Series which is a collection of data bases tracking Pavlokoma residents around the world and through time. So far 12-14 volumes representing over 2000 pages had been recorded. A copy of each has been forwarded to Professor Potichnyj to include in his collection in the University of Toronto.

If I hear from any of the Toronto crew, perhaps we could arrange to get together?

Tempo