Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Genealogy

Notices

Crimean German villages, south Crimea

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8th March 2007, 17:02

Hannia will become famous soon enough
Today Neusatz is called Krasnohradivske, district center surrounded by appx 50 villages.
Old 11th March 2007, 07:55

heysailer is on a distinguished road
Red face Friedental, Crimea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannia
Heilbrun was the daughter colony to Belowesch > Taurien/Crimea. It was founded in appx 1805 and all the settlers were from the State of Wurtemberg > Germany. Heilbrun was later called Temesch and today is called SHELKOVICHNE > Sakskij (Saky) raion/district > Crimea, latest zip code 96545.

As per Mr. Roll's site, Friedental is referred to as Kantakuzowa, founded in 1890. I would question those details. The only Kantakuzivka (Ukr name) that I could find is 75 miles ESE of Kiev,
in the Chekassy Region, which puts it too far north of the Crimean Region. I suspect that
the Friedental-Neu may be more accurate, but where it is located or what the name might be today, I have no idea.

Zurichtal was formerly called Dshailov and today is called ZOLOTE POLE (Golden Field) > Kirovskij raion/district > Crimea, latest zip code 97330.

excerpt from KRIM. See URL below.
Only the colony Zurichtal was originated from Swiss-people. Those first inhabitants were from Afoltern by Albis and other villages near Zurich. They knew how to make wine, too. The Crimean colonists were good winefarmers till 1941 - then [the villages] were dissolved.

Wine-growing was carried on as a sideline. And some farmers got much more money through the wine-growing than agriculture. Only the colony of Sudak has carried on only the wine-growing. They made the some of the best wines and were all known by the name "Sudakskie wina" (= wines of Sudak).They supplied the Czar with wines, too.

I used the following URL's in combination w/Shtetlseeker to ascertain info above:

KRIM-GR
KRIM-GR

Crimea, Taurien, South Russia Map
Crimea, Taurien, South Russia Map

The NDSU Libraries: Germans From Russia
The NDSU Libraries: Germans From Russia

The JewishGen ShtetlSeeker
The JewishGen ShtetlSeeker

Were your families Mennonite?
No, my families are not Mennonite. Evangelical/Lutheran I think.

In looking at the maps, Friedental, Crimea is just east of Simferopol, on the road to Feodessia. The first villages there, Neusatz and Friedental, just south of the road. Not Neu-Friedental, Bessarabia.

I now have the maps from Karl Stumpp, so I will look further into it!

John
Old 30th December 2007, 19:12

Hannia will become famous soon enough
Happy New Year John!

I came across this recently and posted it for someone doing Tatar research, BUT then I remembered that you were
doing research in this region as well.

All historical documents (including birth records) for all nationalities (RUSSIAN, TATAR, JEWISH & GERMAN) are kept in
the National Archive in Simferopol.

You may contact them by email at archiv@home.cris.net, although the best way to receive a response
to your email will be to send it in Russian. The archive is open from 8:00 to 5:00 Monday through Friday. Individual
access to much of the archive is not permitted, although for 30 USD you can pay the archivist who works in the archive
to perform the research for you. No one in the archives speaks English.

Archive Location:

State Archives in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea
[Derzhavnyi arkhiv v Avtonomnii respublitsi Krym]
3 Kechkemetska St., (Archives 1)
Pavlenka 1a (Archives 2)
95680 Simferopol
Tel/Fax: (0652) 22-84-05
E-mail: archiv@home.cris.net
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00-17:00
Director: Liudmyla Vitaliivna Hurbova
Deputy Director: Tetiana Dmytrivna Krikunenko

The Lutheran Church in Simferopol supposedly has a list going back to the early 1800's of all German families who
emigrated to Crimea under Catherine the Great, or so it was said at the Archive. This information has not actually
been confirmed by the Lutheran Church. It might be worth contacting the Archives above and requesting an
address for the Lutheran Church.
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:05

billieraeknitte is on a distinguished road
There is a map in Stumpp's book of the Immigration of Germans to Russia showing all the villages. Yes, Friedental is in Crimea. Neusatz is just above it slightly to the west and Simferopol is South west by quite a ways. If you have access to Bob Schamber's book "The Knittel Family, a Three-Hundred Year Journey Through Germany, Crimea, and America" there is a map there. A microfische of this book may be ordered through you local LDS family history center and when it comes in you can view it there.
Also go to Odessa Digital Library and plug your name (spell it Sailer) into the search engine. Select Village complilations first. And you will see who the founding families of Friedental were. My families are there (knittel, classen, Varenbuehler, Frasch, Ruede, Traxel, etc) Then go back to the search engine and just type in last name selecting St. Petersburg records and later some of the other options. There are reports written to Russia about the growth and trials and tribulations of some of the villages. Also information about their routes is in other files. Just search through them all, don't forget to try all spellings.
BillieKnittel
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:08

billieraeknitte is on a distinguished road
There is a map in Stumpp's book of the Immigration of Germans to Russia showing all the villages. Yes, Friedental is in Crimea. Neusatz is just above it slightly to the west and Simferopol is South west by quite a ways. If you have access to Bob Schamber's book "The Knittel Family, a Three-Hundred Year Journey Through Germany, Crimea, and America" there is a map there. A microfische of this book may be ordered through you local LDS family history center and when it comes in you can view it there.
Also go to "www.odessa3.org" and plug your name (spell it Sailer) into the search engine. Select Village complilations first. And you will see who the founding families of Friedental were. My families are there (knittel, classen, Varenbuehler, Frasch, Ruede, Traxel, etc) Then go back to the search engine and just type in last name selecting St. Petersburg records and later some of the other options. There are reports written to Russia about the growth and trials and tribulations of some of the villages. Also information about their routes is in other files. Just search through them all, don't forget to try all spellings.
BillieKnittel